Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can God Protect You From Covid?

Tammy, curious how your doctor did it as I have asthma caused by allergies.

If we start with the assumption that God exists how would this being choose who to save? Wouldn’t the children be the likely ones? Why would evil and disease even exist? I was raised religious and have read the Bible. The mere existence of a powerful being defies science and logic. But it’s comforting to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Tammy, curious how your doctor did it as I have asthma caused by allergies. If we start with the assumption that God exists how would this being choose who to save? Wouldn’t the children be the likely ones? Why would evil and disease even exist? I was raised religious and have read the Bible. The mere existence of a powerful being defies science and logic. But it’s comforting to believe.
    What, are you asking Tammy to explain the logic of those who think they can discern “God’s to- do list”, as Ldahl calls it? Why does Tammy have the answer? If you were religious surely you have the answer.

I was asking Tammy how her doctor helped her asthma only. The rest was answering Y’s question. I just separated the paragraphs since it appears to be confusing.

I was asking Tammy how her doctor helped her asthma only. The rest was answering Y’s question. I just separated the paragraphs since it appears to be confusing.
    oh ok. But I don’t think jeppy is really questioning I good saves us from Covid, how and why.

Is there free will?

What is the nature of God?

Could God save you? Sure he could. We all die of something. Some of those things are much more gruesome than Covid yet they have been going on since day one. Does he like to play spin the wheel on who get their prayers answered? I doubt it.
    We have free will and I believe he likes to see how we deal with all the positives and negatives of it. Consequences are our reward here on earth. Raised religious I now consider myself spiritual. I feel I've received strength when I've needed it but I was still the one who had to do the work. I don't believe in passively "handing it over".

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Is there free will?

I think so; but it could just be my programming talking.

If I understood the nature of God, I wouldn’t be wasting my time in this plane of existence.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Is there free will?
    I think so.

I think this is one of the most interesting questions ever asked. I've always been intrigued by Jesus' reference to himself as the son of man. To me, that is the key to the nature of God in that God's nature exists in every person and shows itself in our goodness, love and inherent humanity. In my mind, that collective humanity is God.

So, in response to the OP, 'Can God Protect You From Covid?' : Yes, but it requires each of us to do our part.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Tammy, curious how your doctor did it as I have asthma caused by allergies.

If we start with the assumption that God exists how would this being choose who to save? Wouldn’t the children be the likely ones? Why would evil and disease even exist? I was raised religious and have read the Bible. The mere existence of a powerful being defies science and logic. But it’s comforting to believe.
    4-5 years of monthly allergy shots. During that time I continued with daily long acting inhalers, and rescue inhalers as needed. I very gradually got better to the point where the doc said “let’s stop using the inhalers completely and see what happens”. And since 2016 I only need albuterol a few times a year when I get a cold or am exposed to cats/dust mites/ etc.

For me, it wasn’t primary asthma. It was all secondary to allergies. It took a few rounds of skin prick allergy tests every few years and monthly injections to discover that.

I stopped the shots in July when I got covid. Had a phone appt with allergy doc in October. I’m still doing great with no asthma symptoms, so we are watching how I do without shots. Many people can stop them after 2-10 years, and not need them again,

Tammy, so glad it worked so well for you. My asthma is strictly allergy induced. The shots didn’t work and now the allergist is doing allergy drops that my insurance won’t pay for. They really help my allergies. My insurance increased the monthly cost of advair from 40/month to 400. The generic is 200. So now I take generic singular pill and use rescue inhaler more. My doctor said if I moved back to a cold climate where everything dies in winter the asthma might go away.

Thread Information