Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your favorite cooking shows?

Quote Originally Posted by herbgeek View Post
    I liked this show several years ago when Andreas Vestadt was the host. He'd travel to various locations, then randomly cook wherever he was. Gets off a train, hikes to a mountain and there's a table and burners. Cooks his lunch and brings it back on the train with it. It was very funny.
    Oh! I used to love that show---but I haven't seen it in forever! Is it still showing on PBS?
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

My husband loves this guy Dave Portney. watches his pizza YouTube daily.

https://www.mensjournal.com/food-dri...for-two-years/

Is it still showing on PBS?
    It is, but a new season with a different host. Similar principles, but this host doesn't just go picking stuff in the mountains and cook it like Andreas did.

I was first intrigued by that show when it was hosted by Tina Nordgren. Oh how I want to visit Norway someday!
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Somebody Feed Phil
    Loved that show. I should watch it again sometime. I'll put that in the queue along with the 230 other hours of stuff I keep saying I'll watch someday. But that one was good.

I like "New Scandinavian Cook" (got the cookbook as a gift, not remembering that, for Scandinavians, food exists as a carrier for dairy fat). I liked "A Chef's Life"; I haven't seen the quasi-sequel ("Somewhere South") but I'd be inclined to watch.

I've also liked Marcus Samuelsson's "No Passport Required" (PBS/eater.com). While Samuelsson can be a little over the top as everyone's instant buddy, he has an interesting backstory (Ethiopian born with Swedish adoptive parents) and he genuinely seems to be interested in food of different ethnic groups and how it is prepared -- and why. I'm still a bit sad that his restaurant Aqavit could not stay open in Minneapolis.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Geila
    The Dave Ramsey cooking show on Amazon is quite good - I don't remember the name but something basic sounding. He's nothing like on Hell's Kitchen and actually seems to be trying a little too hard to be nice. Anyway, his recipes are pretty simple, look tasty, and he rarely uses dairy. I used to enjoy watching Lidia Bastianich but almost all her dishes were doused in cheese and I'm allergic to dairy.

Oh, I used to also enjoy a BBQ show that was on PBS. Don't remember the name of that one either. But it was fun and at the end they always showed pretty funny outtakes.

Salt Fat Acid Heat is my favorite of all time -- I was bummed that it was only four episodes.
    "Seek out habits that help you overcome fear or inertia. Destroy those that do the opposite." Seth Godin

The old version of the British Bake Off. Can't stand the new one, for some reason?

I don’t watch cooking shows, except Martha Stewart is fun sometimes. She’s so chill about everything.

It’s good to have you back, lhamo!

I don't watch too much in the way of cooking shows on television, but I love to watch cooking videos from other countries, not in English necessarily. This one is particularly fascinating and peaceful to watch.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12a8...eJ0VZA&index=3

Thread Information