Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: cat problem/question

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post

As far as an age for cats, some of my cats seem like pre-teen girls. They definitely have their own life and interests, but if you’re interesting enough to them they will hang out with you.
    I'm not sure I could put a "child" age on any of the cats I've had, except to say that they do tend to behave in fairly predictable ways depending on their life circumstances just as most children tend to be fairly predictable to adults who have experience with kids. But I agree, they definitely have their own life and interests and personalities. Our previous cats were twin brothers but wow they had different personalities and interests. One was very independent and wanted to explore everywhere and be in control. The other really just wanted to spend all his time snuggling with me and didn't really care about anything else. Except food. He REALLY cared about food. His brother, not so much. Anyone that says cats don't have personalities has never lived with one for any length of time.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    The shelter named them Boston and Chicago. We have changed their names to Eleanor and Michelle. They just don’t seem suited to being named after two rough and tumble cities. Maybe if they had been named Charlotte and Savanaugh we would have kept those names.
    You'll have to take my word for it (or not, as the case may be), but if I knew for sure that you had named Eleanor, I would have guessed Michelle was her sister! Rosalynn would have been my second guess, but Michelle was definitely my first.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    You'll have to take my word for it (or not, as the case may be), but if I knew for sure that you had named Eleanor, I would have guessed Michelle was her sister! Rosalynn would have been my second guess, but Michelle was definitely my first.

So we had partial success. We managed to lock Eleanor out of the hidey cabinet while they were eating dinner, but Michelle was close enough to the cabinet that she got back in. Eventually Eleanor went upstairs and when I followed she ran into the office and I was able to close the door.

Today I'm going to call the shelter and get a feral cat trap to catch Michelle and move her up there too.

And today we had more success. Picked up the trap from the rescue’s behaviorist this afternoon and 20 minutes ago Michelle literally walked right into it. They are now both safely locked away in my office. And SO spent 20 minutes this afternoon in there with Eleanor playing mouse on a stick and then petting. Apparently Eleanor LOVED being pet.

That’s great news!

Good! Enjoy your 4-footed family!
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Hey JP1, how are the girls doing?

They are doing great! In just a week they have gotten to the point where they realize that we don't intend to harm them. When I go in there to work they mostly stay in their safe box where their bed is, but they don't seem to mind me being there. And thankfully they are very food motivated. If we sit on the floor and offer treats they will come out and eat them, even out of our hands. And will allow us to pet them while they are eating them. Eleanor is going to be a total love bug. She definitely enjoys being petted. And overnight they are acting like normal young cats. We can hear them, and watch the security cam video of them, in there running around and playing, crashing into walls and generally causing mayhem.

I'm so glad they are settling in!

Thread Information