Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Laundry detergent not in a bottle

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
    I guess I don’t care anymore where things are made. It does increase the environmental impact of transport. I wonder if liquid laundry detergents are made in China.
    Tide, at least, is made in the US.

I searched “tide less plastic” on Amazon and came up with this. Eco box version. Claims to uses 60% less plastic.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072M3HHMX...0NCT9WBKMJ7MK6

We probably do 4 loads a week. That is an estimate. DH works hard and has a change of clothes every day that must be washed. His clothes are bulky so that’s 1-2 loads right there.

At the moment we have a very clean dog. I mean this dog does not make any messes: barely sheds, never pees in the house, doesnt slobber., So we have limited “dog laundry. “Every couple of weeks I take off blankets from the furniture and wash them. While he is clean, he still gets dog dirt on furniture and makes it grimy so the furniture protection keeps furniture from getting dirty.

I do 4-5 loads a week. I don’t have a lot of clothes. I sweat a lot due to menopause hot flashes. My diving drysuit undergarments get sweat soaked as well. I need something that cleans well. And I love the Tide scent. I’ll try the Tide eco box the next time I order from Amazon.

I use Tide free and clear because of my allergies and asthma. Many detergents make my skin itchy. Every 3-4 weeks I do 3-4 loads of laundry. It will be one load less once my son leaves because I do the towels and sheets for both of us. Maltese are fussy little creatures so not much extra laundry except for their doggie beds and a couch cover in case they puke on it.

For my own clothes, it is once a week. I've started using the homemade detergent and so far, so good.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thread Information