Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Drinking This Holiday Season?

Yppej

What Are You Drinking This Holiday Season?

I have discovered key lime cream flavored rum.

I’ve been saving a couple of Yeti Imperial Stouts aside for relaxing by the fire.

I honestly just finished off a glass of prune juice! Ha!

Long covid has messed with my GI system, don’t ask.

Our house has a few different IPAs for DH and I have Modelo Negra and a bottle of wine, if wanted.

We had a Zoom drinks party two weeks ago and drank what I had in the cabinet, vodka. Boring.

Am not drinking much these days, just don’t have much interest in it.

Flavored sparkling water, apple cider bought from a farm and alcohol free micro beer.

Jeppy, you're surrounded by a bunch of boring teetotalers it seems! .

I was going to say my favorite drink these days is "ginless tonic"--tonic water with ice and iime--but I didn't want to be a killjoy! I'm not drinking as much these days either. Tonight my DD/SIL are coming up and I may have a wine spritzer. The bartender at my DDs wedding actually made me a very interesting wine spritzer. When I asked for one I expected white wine and plain seltzer, but he gave me red wine and cranberry seltzer. It was delicious!

TT: You mentioned non-alcoholic craft beer: I am looking for GOOD alcohol-free beers. Any suggestions?

ETA: I do have to say Kombucha is my new discovery as a favorite drink. I'll buy one every other day as a treat, because they're not cheap. But the good thing is, you can by hard Kombucha as well as non-alcoholic Kombucha. After all, it's a fermented drink. When they sell the non-alcoholic kind, they have to take the alcohol out.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

This thread reminded me to put a chardonnay in the fridge in case I'm in a white mood instead of a red mood, so the answer is wine, but a very modest amount.

Catherine, yes beer from athletic brewing company. They are on the East coast and even have a tasting room. They ship for free if you buy 2 six packs. My favorite is Run Wild but they have all been good. They also have special beers at certain times of the year. It works out to 2.00 a beer but have paid a lot more for the real stuff. It’s cheaper if you can find it in a grocery store. Occasionally it’s in our Whole Foods.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Catherine, yes beer from athletic brewing company. They are on the East coast and even have a tasting room. They ship for free if you buy 2 six packs. My favorite is Run Wild but they have all been good. They also have special beers at certain times of the year. It works out to 2.00 a beer but have paid a lot more for the real stuff. It’s cheaper if you can find it in a grocery store. Occasionally it’s in our Whole Foods.
    Thanks!! I looked it up and do you know, wonder of wonders, I don't even have to leave the island to get it!! It's at, not one, but TWO retailers that sell wine and liquor in South Hero less than 5 miles from me. You know Vermonters love their craft beers--even alcohol-free ones I guess! I'll definitely pick some up today for Christmas Eve. Thanks for the recommendation!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information