Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What Are You Drinking This Holiday Season?

Chickory cafe au lait.

Finishing a bottle of Hibiki Toki Japanese whiskey. I believe the beer term for such a potion is "sessionable" -- smooth and not too extreme a flavor in any direction. I'd rather be sharing it with my cabin buddies, but a Skol! over Zoom is as close as we'll get for a while.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

This startling revelation hit me: DH has purchased more alcohol than I did for this holiday season.

He drinks eggnog with Buttershots each holiday season, beginning as soon as stores carry eggnog. He bought two bottle s of Buttershots. I haven’t purchased any alcohol because I’m kind of turned off the stuff. I’m not deliberately not drinking, just Have little interest and am worried about those unnecessary calories.

This is a big role reversal.

Definitely unnecessary calories in alcohol. I got up today and had lost 3 more pounds. I am surprised because I have been eating pie, cookies and candy.

Coke and Sprite. No alcohol.

I turned out to be more in a white mood than a red, so chardonnay it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Definitely unnecessary calories in alcohol. I got up today and had lost 3 more pounds. I am surprised because I have been eating pie, cookies and candy.
    This is great news, especially for this time of year!

I'm not much of a drinker but this year my wife was gifted a couple bottles of homemade apple/peach wine as a Christmas gift. We brought them with us when we hit the road for our annual Christmas trip and I'm currently having my third glass of the evening. Not bad!
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I'm not much of a drinker but this year my wife was gifted a couple bottles of homemade apple/peach wine as a Christmas gift. We brought them with us when we hit the road for our annual Christmas trip and I'm currently having my third glass of the evening. Not bad!
    I have enjoyed peach, plum, and other fruity wines. Normally, I can't stand the stuff.
    One of my Christmas gifts was a few little bottles of booze. I'll use the whiskey as flavoring, but I will drink the coconut rum and Kahlua.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    homemade apple/peach wine
    Combined or separate bottles? I'm trying to imagine what apple/peach would taste like together....
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Thread Information