Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Smallest Space Lived in Happily

That's wonderful news!

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    The seller countered with 245 and I accepted. Hopefully will close by the end of February. Very excited!!
    So pleased for you. Now you have a clear sense of direction for your life going forward.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

The seller countered with 245 and I accepted. Hopefully will close by the end of February. Very excited!!
    FANTASTIC! Cheers to the next chapter TT. May you find joy in this place you love!

WONDERFUL! Now you can rest a bit easier knowing where you will be.

I won’t totally relax until my ex’s loan closes and then mine. I never have sleeping problems but have since this whole thing started on 12/22. At least now instead of only sleeping 4-5 hours a night I alternate between one good night and one short night. I have been tired all the time since this started. I wish I could make the next month disappear).

For once my ex did our taxes quickly because I told him yesterday either do them or I am taking them to Jackson Hewitt. He did them and filed for the refund. We had to claim the stimulus on it. Every time something like this occurs I remind myself it’s the last time I will have to deal with it. Next year I can get them done for free from AARP. You just need to be a senior to qualify. With the standard deduction being fairly high I won’t be paying taxes unless I withdraw from investments.

Congrats, TT! I hope the rest of the details go quickly and smoothly for you.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

TT, I am in awe of your ability to take care of business. I feel like such a piker in this department. You are an inspiration in making a decision and then making rapid change.

Tybee and HS, thanks. Luckily I am not good at wallowing. I have always handled problems by thinking things could be worse. They say if we all threw our problems in a bucket and could choose someone’s else’s we would probably pick our own back up when we saw what others are dealing with). The mortgage company needed my bank information for payoff and the divorce property settlement so things are moving along.

They say if we all threw our problems in a bucket and could choose someone’s else’s we would probably pick our own back up when we saw what others are dealing with).
    Yes, I've heard that, too, but that hasn't kept me from over-analyzing everything. You remind me of my MIL... at one point, she learned that her brother, who was living with her at the time caring for their mother, had fallen off the wagon and had taken a couple of things that belonged to her to pay for drugs. My instinct was to tell her about Al-Anon. Her instinct, which she followed immediately, was to change her locks and her phone number and kick him out.

I aspire to that kind of decisiveness. Good for you and I wish you all the best in your new life!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Catherine, it takes a lot for me to get to the quitting part. I stayed in my second marriage for my kids for 22 years to someone controlling and verbally abusive. I enabled my drug addict son for a long time before I quit. I was trying to help of course. This third marriage I should have left 10 years ago when he cheated. But when I am finally done I am done with no looking back or second guessing my decision. It sounds like your MIL wasn’t a enabler at all).

Thread Information