Page 34 of 58 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Smallest Space Lived in Happily

I have my ex’s stimulus money and the garage sale money. I hired the teen next door to empty the partial dirt basement that’s full of junk. I am paying him 150 flat fee. He works fast and so far he has worked 3 hours. It will probably take him 2-3 hours to finish. I paid him to do the shed last week. I am using his money. I told him if it gets to be too close I will hire day laborers to throw it all away. Once he is all moved out I will give him the money that’s left. He quit his warehouse job and will do this full time because he knows that I mean it.

Good idea to get some help. I’m sure the teen appreciates cash in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Yes, he got the cheapest house in the neighborhood. We were clear on "as-is" So I don't believe there is any ambiguity there, but again, when it's family things DO get complicated. Thanks for the support.
    Catherine, I would tell him it is as is, and he should not send you any pictures of anything he wants you to pay for, and if he wants out of the contract, you will happily sell it to others. I think you might even be able to get more money if you do, since there are no family dynamics involved, and as-is means as-is.

Maybe he thinks he will have mortgaging problems--there are many things that could be happening, but I would not make these your problems, and make a graceful exit if need be.

Things are moving forward according to schedule. My ex expects to be out with his junk 4 days ahead of schedule on the 7th. I am done helping. My entire body hurts and I have a chronic back and neck pain issue as it is. I am scheduling a chiropractor, massage, eyebrows waxed and manicure for this coming week. I have not had a manicure in 2 years so am due).

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Things are moving forward according to schedule. My ex expects to be out with his junk 4 days ahead of schedule on the 7th. I am done helping. My entire body hurts and I have a chronic back and neck pain issue as it is. I am scheduling a chiropractor, massage, eyebrows waxed and manicure for this coming week. I have not had a manicure in 2 years so am due).
    Take a rest and time out for yourself. You have definitely earned it!
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Golly, I am impressed. You are getting things done! You are my getting-things-done role model, Terry!

I am a real slave driver when stuff needs to get done. I work fast and long hours and I don’t have problems making decisions about things. People have suggested I start a business helping people do this because I enjoy it. I just would skip the physical part. We have a lot of wealthy people that have money to pay.

I agree with Tybee - very impressive, TT! Now get some rest!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I am a real slave driver when stuff needs to get done. I work fast and long hours and I don’t have problems making decisions about things. People have suggested I start a business helping people do this because I enjoy it. I just would skip the physical part. We have a lot of wealthy people that have money to pay.
    Good for,you!

But you would lose patience with paying customers who dithered in jettisoning their “stuff.”

I myself could not stand more than 20 minutes with people like that. I am still,watching, after—get this, you won’t believe it—16 years—a house sitting in a nearby neighborhood owned by out of town er people who cannot sell it because of stuff. Well, that is one reason.

a decade ago they made a feeble attempt to sell some of the crap in it with a garage sale. It was one of the worst garage sales I’ve been to because it was clearly a clutter collection and they asked outrageously stupid high prices. The reason I’ve been watching this house is because they also owned a tiny house across the street that I wanted. I wanted that house and my desire for that house burned with a ferocity that to this day Ignites sparks! I WANTED that house.

Fortunately I did not get that house and that lead me on many other escapades of tiny house buying.

IL, that’s exactly why I haven’t pursued it. My 2 friends that helped with the garage sale thought I was selling my stuff to cheap. I sold almost everything. They didn’t sell much. Many people have a overinflated estimate of what their stuff is worth.

Thread Information