Page 25 of 58 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Smallest Space Lived in Happily

I agree with the desire to be in a fairly dense place. I don’t need to move back to midtown Manhattan but when I needed to be alone my 250 sq foot apartment was completely fine.

[QUOTE=iris lilies;375835]I remember when we were looking around for a, at the time, weekend place. The teeny Elsah, IL is the cutest place around and I was jonesing for one of their old stone houses.One day when were there DH looked around and said in his serious voice “ok, but what are you going to DO here?” no restaurants. No commerce. About 35 houses.

Yes sometimes place seem and look so wonderful and they probably are for many. We just have to get past the honeymoon phase and think of daily life

[QUOTE=BikingLady;375905]
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I remember when we were looking around for a, at the time, weekend place. The teeny Elsah, IL is the cutest place around and I was jonesing for one of their old stone houses.One day when were there DH looked around and said in his serious voice “ok, but what are you going to DO here?” no restaurants. No commerce. About 35 houses.

Yes sometimes place seem and look so wonderful and they probably are for many. We just have to get past the honeymoon phase and think of daily life
    Last summer I drove through tiny Elsah on a gorgeous summer day in my convertible with the top down. I had a memorable experience. A group of little boys were playing in the creek that winds through the village there.They looked up from their busy creek activities and yelled at me hey lady, what is that, a Maserati? One of the boys said naw, that’s a Ferrari. I was laughing because my car isn’t either one of those, but The kids got the Italian heritage right if not the marquee.

It was such a throwback to modern life, seeing those kids messing around In a lazy creek on a beautiful day surrounded by a village of stone houses.It was like a scene from 1955.

So for awhile it looked iffy if my ex husband was going to get a high enough loan to buy me out. It’s been 6 weeks of ups and downs by his incompetent mortgage company. Needless to say I was trying not to get to attached to my new condo in case I had to put my house on the market and my seller got mad and didn’t wait. Today I received the form for my money for the title company to sign. It’s actually going to close on the 8th. So my good friend and I went to get paint samples. While I always know what colors I want I am bad at being able to pick the exact color that will look good on the wall. My friend is a artist and awesome at this. As soon as the house closes I will buy the paint and supplies. I am thinking about having her paint my dresser and nightstand. What do you guys think?5B032B72-476F-4ECD-BEE8-1E0D5CACA9AE.jpg5B032B72-476F-4ECD-BEE8-1E0D5CACA9AE.jpg

Good news! What colors do you have in mind for the furniture?

The wall behind my bed is going to be a light pink. The other walls cream. We were thinking a combination of gray and pink. My sheets are pink and comforter is gray. So the dresser would be on a cream wall.

Sounds great!

This is exciting and fun as I love pink and grey and think that it would look lovely, - pretty dresser!
    Possession on March 8th sounds good with little time to wait.

Your art friend will know about the outside influences on indoor colours.
    Just a question - would a very light gray and darker accent gray work as an alternative?
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    So for awhile it looked iffy if my ex husband was going to get a high enough loan to buy me out. It’s been 6 weeks of ups and downs by his incompetent mortgage company. Needless to say I was trying not to get to attached to my new condo in case I had to put my house on the market and my seller got mad and didn’t wait. Today I received the form for my money for the title company to sign. It’s actually going to close on the 8th. So my good friend and I went to get paint samples. While I always know what colors I want I am bad at being able to pick the exact color that will look good on the wall. My friend is a artist and awesome at this. As soon as the house closes I will buy the paint and supplies. I am thinking about having her paint my dresser and nightstand. What do you guys think?5B032B72-476F-4ECD-BEE8-1E0D5CACA9AE.jpg5B032B72-476F-4ECD-BEE8-1E0D5CACA9AE.jpg

The current finish of your dresser isn’t one that I would like, so painting it would only be better in my book. I rather like the trifold mirror.Hi finishes in lacquer are wet being done with daughters like that in my region.

Thanks for the ideas both of you. Will discuss with my friend. I loved the finish of the dresser 24 years ago but now not so much. I bought the entire set before I met my husband but only taking the dresser and one nightstand. Leaving the rest for him. Razz, my house closes on the 8th but the condo doesn’t until the 15th. There’s a week between the two on purpose in case there’s any delay. I need my money from the house for the condo. I won’t move in until the 23rd so the work can get done.

Thread Information