Page 26 of 58 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Smallest Space Lived in Happily

I think the dresser would look nice in shades of gray.

I agree with rosa. I think grey would be really nice. IL suggested lacquer, which I could see, but also, have you considered chalk paint? I have an old mission-style desk that is bringing too much brown into my space, so I'm thinking of one of Annie Sloan's gray-green chalk paint--Paris Grey

https://www.anniesloan.com/products/chalk-paint/
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Catherine, she likes Country Chic paint and I think it’s chalk paint. I am going to meet with my friend today to look at colors that also go with the wall colors. It’s been fun. I will post pictures when done. Something else people are doing is cutting vanities in half and using each end as a night stand. The middle part and mirror go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Catherine, she likes Country Chic paint and I think it’s chalk paint. I am going to meet with my friend today to look at colors that also go with the wall colors. It’s been fun. I will post pictures when done. Something else people are doing is cutting vanities in half and using each end as a night stand. The middle part and mirror go away.
    I think the mirrors are the nicest feature and it would be a shame to lose them. I've used Annie Sloan and Dixie Belle chalk paints and they were both easy to work with and I was pleased with the final results. The same goes for General Finishes milk paint.

Rosa, people usually save the mirrors and then hang it somewhere or sell it.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/7036960...ture-furniture My dresser will look like the pink one with gray accents and less flowers since the flowers will be spread out amongst the dresser, nightstand and jewelry cabinet. Then the nightstand that’s against a pink wall will be gray with pink accents and the jewelry cabinet a mixture of the 2 like what she did with my end tables and coffee table. They aren’t all identical.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/7036960...ture-furniture My dresser will look like the pink one with gray accents and less flowers since the flowers will be spread out amongst the dresser, nightstand and jewelry cabinet. Then the nightstand that’s against a pink wall will be gray with pink accents and the jewelry cabinet a mixture of the 2 like what she did with my end tables and coffee table. They aren’t all identical.

yes!!! Oh yes yes yes!

I have been eyeing these refinished dressers with floral froufrou accents for months now. Originally I thought I would do a sideboard in that style for my condo but decided that style is not right for my Imagined sleek modern Decor theme. But it’s very much on point for Hermann cottage look, so I’m hoping I can fit one in somewhere. We have four bedrooms. They are tiny.. Not a lot of room for extraneous furniture.

tt You absolutely must post a photo of the suite of furniture and when it’s all done. You will love it!

That is some beautiful artwork on those furniture pieces. Not my style, but still beautiful!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

That is so cool!! It will be a stunner.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I will post pictures. Her hands need to rest so will start in April and it will take a week or two. This is what we spent yesterday planning. It’s so fun! My sister loves the black dresser with the same flowers.

Thread Information