Page 27 of 58 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Smallest Space Lived in Happily

This has been an eye-opener on what is possible. Thanks for sharing TT; looking forward to when it is all completed
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Of course nothing is going smoothly. We were supposed to close on the house today but can’t until you get the final disclosures 3 days prior to closing per federal law. It’s been on the final underwriting since Wednesday. I emailed the loan processo’s supervisor today because he could fix this today per my realtor. If I cannot close on time next Tuesday the seller can keep my 2k and put the condo on the market although that would be stupid to start with a new buyer. Ugh!!

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Of course nothing is going smoothly. We were supposed to close on the house today but can’t until you get the final disclosures 3 days prior to closing per federal law. It’s been on the final underwriting since Wednesday. I emailed the loan processo’s supervisor today because he could fix this today per my realtor. If I cannot close on time next Tuesday the seller can keep my 2k and put the condo on the market although that would be stupid to start with a new buyer. Ugh!!
    UGH! Fingers crossed they get their act in gear!

Terry, did the house close yet? Fingers crossed!

Monday night at 6:30 we get a email that the lock expires at midnight because it’s been 60 days, the interest rate is higher and they have more loan conditions. Basically we told them to go **** themselves. I spent 5 hours Monday night putting 30 plastic bins in closets, etc. Yesterday a friend came to help and we organized the garage, cleaned the backyard, staged 2 patios and cleaned the house. Today I will work on the bathrooms and then tomorrow a friend comes to do last minute mopping, etc before the professional photographer comes at 1. It will hit the market Friday. Our market is hot, our house is move in ready in a very desirable neighborhood. I thought I would lose my condo but the owner is willing to wait for me. He is in no hurry as he inherited the condo. Meanwhile my ex has spent 2 days packing his office and not done yet. I will finish when he goes to work. Since he moves at the pace of a snail so will probably have to hire day laborers to transport his junk to a storage unit. Ugh!!

So sorry, TT. I hope the house sells quickly!!!! Yay that the condo seller will wait!!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Tt, so happy to hear the condo owner is willing to wait!

Yes, great news that the condo seller will wait for you to get a different loan. And you will likely have to hire people to move your exes stuff out of your joint property. I am watching hoarder DH move stuff around like crazy in the Hermann house and he’s doing a nice job of it. And granted we had hardly anything in the Hermann house but I made the mistake of letting him move his 1970s bedroom set into that house and it’s way too long for that little cottage and it’s rooms.

I only worry a little bit about cleaning out our city house with its 32 years of accumulated stuff. DH is good at being on task and so I think when the time comes he will be able to clean out his parts very quickly. But I know they will end up in a nice neat pile stacked to the ceiling in the Herman basement. And that’s OK because I told him he can have the basement. He has already rented a large storage area for the Herman stuff that has to be out of the house during construction. That’s not a ton of stuff but it’s a few items.

i’m watching our friends who have a country house deal with their city house. They moved to the country a couple years ago. The husband was fixing up the city house to sell it. A water pipe broke and water gushed through the house for three days. It is an attached house so eventually the attached neighbors noticed but they had been out of town for the weekend so they didn’t see it right away.

Major cosmetics to fix. Insurance company paid for much of that work but they also jacked up their insurance. Now they are back to fixing it up very slowly to sell. Parts of it are in kind of rough shape but really they just need to put it on the market as it is. Part of the problem is he has a basement full of stuff. He cannot conceive of throwing much away. Their outbuildings in the country are full. They need to build another one but don’t really have time for that.

Meanwhile it costs them $500 a month and they’re not even living there or enjoying it. There’s really no point to that.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 3-10-21 at 4:01pm.

Luckily it’s not joint property. It’s in my name only although I am splitting the money with him after I take out the first 60k. Now instead of packing his office he is applying for a 300k loan when he couldn’t even qualify for 245. His job is too new for them to count it and even if he does qualify I would have to choose him over other offers. Fat chance of that happening after waiting 2 months. A few day labor guys can make fast work of his junk.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    A few day labor guys can make fast work of his junk.
    I see these two companies' trucks a lot.
    https://www.jdogjunkremoval.com/services/
    https://www.1800gotjunk.com/us_en/what-we-do/what_we_do
    I don't know how their prices would compare with getting day labor guys to do it plus paying landfill fees, but it's probably worth getting a free quote.

Thread Information