Page 55 of 58 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: Smallest Space Lived in Happily

As of 2 days ago my son finished everything in the condo including doing touch up painting. I love how the bathroom looks and it only cost 750. They had the door on the toilet and shower which made it really tight to use it you had to be standing off to the side. He moved it to the outside of the bathroom where the sink is. Without moving the door I also couldn’t have gotten the bigger higher toilet. He had never built a door frame before but watched a Utube video and then did a great job.

He also realized he was mistaken and the plumbing was in the fake ceiling in the hallway which means I could do the laundry in the front closet if I wanted to. I have decided against it for now. This builder always has a fake ceiling in the hallway and it houses something. In my first condo it allowed access to the AC unit. Anyway it’s really nice to have everything done.

Must feel amazing, Terry!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Congrats, Terry! Now relax and enjoy your new home, and let the new adventures begin.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

So glad that it all worked out so well having your son available and able to do the needed work. Enjoy!
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

He is going to do some traveling this summer and was determined to get everything done before he left. At first I wasn’t real happy that my balcony is mostly shaded all the time. But we have been able to sit outside on some pretty hot days. My sister rarely uses her balcony because it’s in full sun until 3pm. So that’s been good also.

Excellent report TT, it all sounds good.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    At first I wasn’t real happy that my balcony is mostly shaded all the time. .
    Wow, if I were in Reno, a shaded balcony would be a "must have." I'm sure there's plenty of sun around if you want it!

I have a very large silver maple on my property and I love it. People flock to our yard to be in the shade. Really. I had a neighbor ask if she could have a family party in our yard because we have the only shade tree. (Thank God iris lilies didn't buy this house! .

Enjoy that shaded balcony!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I used to buy 6 big pots of flowers and put them on my wall in the backyard in the sun. Then I sat in the shade and looked at them. So my first thought was no flowers for me. I have 2 plants out there that don’t need sun. I wasn’t thinking about sitting outside which I actually do a lot of.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I used to buy 6 big pots of flowers and put them on my wall in the backyard in the sun. Then I sat in the shade and looked at them. So my first thought was no flowers for me. I have 2 plants out there that don’t need sun. I wasn’t thinking about sitting outside which I actually do a lot of.
    Impatients are beautiful and do well in shade plus others. What 2 plants did you put out?

I have no clue what they are but they were on my patio in the shade and one I have had for 6 years. I know very little about plants).

Thread Information