Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dental Work in Mexico

Dental Work in Mexico

My youngest son needed a big amount done so went to Mexico for a month. For less than 1k he had 8 fillings, 2 root canals and 2 crowns. I know that the cost varies by state but locally it would cost 10k. The work is beautiful and his teeth look so much better. It’s actually beyond expectations. Rob, you keep saying this and are so right!!

Quite a difference in price. Glad that it all worked out.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Thank You, TT. I count myself as so fortunate to live close to the Mexican border - it truly is a gold mine of savings and accessibility for Americans - not just dental but pharmacy, optical, and medical, too.

At this point I would not go to a US dentist unless it was life or death nor I would I have glasses made in the US. Given that I love and respect myself I will not pay US prices. i deserve better. Luckily I only live three hours from better in terms of human rights via accessible pricing.

For medical, with insurance I will still use the US health care system but much prefer Mexican health care - it's slower paced with doctors actually having some time for you and more humane. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    My youngest son needed a big amount done so went to Mexico for a month. For less than 1k he had 8 fillings, 2 root canals and 2 crowns. I know that the cost varies by state but locally it would cost 10k. The work is beautiful and his teeth look so much better. It’s actually beyond expectations. Rob, you keep saying this and are so right!!
    Forgot to ask - where did your son go, Algodones? Perhaps we can list great providers in Mexico - with all the economic uncertainty the US faces, cross border provider access is only going to become more important/everyday mainstream for Americans going forward. Rob

Rob, it’s a town about a hour from Cancun.

It sounds like your Son paid even less than I do in Algodones! Good deal! Rob

Rob, his teeth looked awful and now they look fabulous. The dentist did a awesome job. Makes me sorry I didn’t do that for my bottom implants versus paying 38k. Of course no guarantees that I would have found someone good. I have a 4 on 4 which is much more complicated than individual implants.

Maybe we should plan a vacation - my husband had a tooth pulled and an implant will be $4K-$5K. Our insurance doesn't cover implants.
    Last edited by beckyliz; 1-13-21 at 5:18pm.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Becky, it would definitely be worth it to go.

Quote Originally Posted by beckyliz View Post
    Maybe we should plan a vacation - my husband had a tooth pulled and an implant will be $4-$5. Our insurance doesn't cover implants.
    We had dental work done in Mexico also. The place we went had dental implants for $1,500. The dentists were trained at Baylor University in Texas. We did not have implants but the work we had done we were very happy with.

Thread Information