Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bar shampoo

Bar shampoo

My next and current adventure is with bar shampoo. It’s been over a week and so far it’s working. I’m using the JR Liggett brand. Seemed to be the most cost effective and also a shorter ingredient list. Anybody find that bar shampoo works?

I’m on a mission to use less plastic.

(I tried the no-poo plan a few years ago but felt stinky.)

I tried a bar shampoo but it was too harsh so gave it up. I have very fine hair and it was turning to straw and irritated my scalp. Great for a hand soap though. I cannot remember the company it came from.
    There struggle to find a mild but good shampoo is ongoing.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Liggett's is my bar of choice (Trader Joe's has a pretty good one too) but I do have to use regular shampoo from time to time because the oil of the shampoo bar leaves deposits on my scalp. As in, I can scratch my scalp and the fingernails have a white waxy substance under them.

Liked Liggett brand too. Switch it up the same as herbgeek.

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    I tried a bar shampoo but it was too harsh so gave it up. I have very fine hair and it was turning to straw and irritated my scalp. Great for a hand soap though. I cannot remember the company it came from.
    There struggle to find a mild but good shampoo is ongoing.
    Same here.

I won’t do bar shampoo but I’m back to bar hand soap. Just today I bought a big package of dial soap. I am so tired of all the crap in plastic bottles.

I bought a large packet of ivory bar soap back in March and it reminded me long it lasts. That was my switch back to bar soap.

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
    I bought a large packet of ivory bar soap back in March and it reminded me long it lasts. That was my switch back to bar soap.
    I love the smell of Ivory, but DH insists on using Dial for the “antibiotics” (I have no idea if that is just advertising hype or if it is real) so we buy Dial.

many years ago We were a two soap household and I bought Ivory for my use, but now it is too much trouble to maintain two stashes of soap.

I've used bar shampoo for a few years now. Easy to use, rinses cleanly (for me) and can be body soap in a pinch. Liggett brand for me, original bar.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

I used the bar shampoo a while back, too. I did have the initial "straw" issues, but I guess when the ph balance and natural scalp oils, etc. got back into balance, it worked out fine. Switched back to bottle due to other household members and not wanting to maintain different soaps. Like the idea of going back to bar soap, instead of body wash, though. Hopefully the rest of the household will follow suit.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thread Information