Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: January frugals

The paralegal we used is a family friend so she did it for 250 versus 550. Filing fees were 260 so very cheap. I will use her for my will once the divorce is final.

TT, I'm impressed by your fortitude (and your cost-savings ). Cut two more turtlenecks down (I used to LIKE turtlenecks, but now I won't wear them). Now that they are just long sleeved t-shirts or mock-turtles, I wear them for warmth under regular t-shirts when it's cold. This is my version of long underwear, lol - and much cheaper. Since I don't really do much standing around outside in the cold they are generally sufficient. It's OHIO, so really cold weather generally comes and goes quickly, lol. Saving water -but little money, we have a minimum water billing amount- by cutting my showers to every-other day and trying to be quick about those. So still looking for ways to keep myself from back-sliding. (If I posted to a back-sliding frugality thread, I'd have a lot more to say)

Quote Originally Posted by early morning View Post
    (If I posted to a back-sliding frugality thread, I'd have a lot more to say)
    LOL, I understand completely!

I've had to wait to post until I actually get a donation pick-up. Last time, I don't think driver even stopped. Next one is scheduled for February. Hopefully!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Yppej
    The alarm function is not working on my phone. I always set two alarms so if one does not go off I will not miss work. My second is my tablet. To replace the phone I have started using the oven timer. It isn't ideal since it won't work if the power goes out, but is better than buying an alarm clock or new phone while the old phone still has life in it.

Yppej, We use a kitchen timer for an alarm. No electricity, just a battery. I think it was under $10.

Yppej
    I didn't quite make it to two weeks between grocery trips because we ran out of drinking water but close and I spent the same amount as when I went weekly. Got 16 gallons of water so hoping I can go two weeks this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I didn't quite make it to two weeks between grocery trips because we ran out of drinking water but close and I spent the same amount as when I went weekly. Got 16 gallons of water so hoping I can go two weeks this time.
    Why don't you just filter your water? We use a Pur filter on the tap. There are a number of different kinds that filter whatever you need out of your water. Seems like it would be more cost effective and convenient????

Yppej
    I have no desire to go shopping. I got a DSW coupon and didn't use it. I also got a TJ Maxx gift card for my birthday and have no desire to go there either though that will keep. I did call and they still are not letting people try on clothes which is very demotivating.

I hate the taste of my tap water. What I do is put it in a glass jug in the fridge and let it get really cold. That totally improves the taste. I don’t buy water for at home use except for distilled water to use in the Neti pot.

Yppej
    There is rust and city added fluoride, which can worsen the skin rash I have from wearing a mask, in my water. I switched to a nonfluoride toothpaste.

Thread Information