Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lock him up!!!

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar

Lock him up!!!

I am off work today. I started today by running some errands and ran across one of my neighbors - he was driving by me and honked and yelled out his window....Lock him up!

Trump, of course. After the phone call to tbe Secretary of State of Georgia, did I even need to make that clear?

There seems to some joy in tbe neighborhood in regards to this new legal issue that he is vulnerable to effective January 20th. I do not share this joy.

Why? Because I understand America. Trump has too much money to face prison and justice can indeed be bought off in America. Does anyone here honestly believe that Trump will face any legal charges, given the reality of America? At least the rest of the world is watching and taking note of US corruption. There's at least that for a positive note to end on. Rob

Georgia seems keen on taking some action.

Here's an update from the 30303 (downtown Atlanta, GA). Turns out the US Attorney General in Atlanta abruptly resigned....
    Hmmmm.....interesting timing, no? I wonder if I should be putting together another outfit for any post January 20th criminal proceedings against DJT? Rob

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Georgia seems keen on taking some action.
    Thank God! Rob

Too bad there can't be a full-on, nation-wide/world-wide "shunning". While it seems so very cruel, I do believe that would be the worse punishment for him. No publicity, no spot-light, nobody listening, nobody watching, no attention, etc.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Thank God! Rob
    PS I'm still not buying any behind bars possibilities for DJT though there may be proceedings for political theater. America just doesn't work that way. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Too bad there can't be a full-on, nation-wide/world-wide "shunning". While it seems so very cruel, I do believe that would be the worse punishment for him. No publicity, no spot-light, nobody listening, nobody watching, no attention, etc.
    YES! YES! YES! I do believe this is a just and fit sentence for DJT, even worse fir him than prison. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    This may be hard to believe, but mainstream media has the power to effectively shun Donald J Trump when he leaves the White House. Let’s see if they have the discipline to do that. What do you think?

i’m sure there is a certain amount of journalistic responsibility in covering his shenanigans after the White House. Certainly as a president they have to cover his major stuff. I just don’t think so much of it needs to be blown up over and over the way they do it.

I believe media made a significant contribution to landing that accident in the White House. They gave him a continuing platform over and above every other candidate.

A corollary of mainstream media responsibility to our own individual responsibility is this: can posters on this forum and others like it refrain from breathless excitement in “reporting” The Donald’s transgressions? Can we keep quiet about our zip code’s hive mind in regard to Trump and Trumpisms?

hahaha. Haha. As if.

IL, the world has watched how one individual has been able to control, manipulate with enormous help from enablers to bypass the newsmedia by using Twitter. Let us put the responsibility where it belongs as I understand it. Politicians including the voting public of all stripes allowed personal ambitions to overcome basic principles and enabled this all to take place. It all goes to show how easily it was and can be done. What are you and everyone else personally going to do to rebuild trust to prevent it from re-occurring? It is always easier to go along to get along for the short term, isn't it? History is filled with such stories.

The question is - can the genie of Twitter and its clones accountable to no one be put back in the bottle?
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    IL, the world has watched how one individual has been able to control, manipulate with enormous help from enablers to bypass the newsmedia by using Twitter. Let us put the responsibility where it belongs as I understand it. Politicians including the voting public of all stripes allowed personal ambitions to overcome basic principles and enabled this all to take place. It all goes to show how easily it was and can be done. What are you and everyone else personally going to do to rebuild trust to prevent it from re-occurring? It is always easier to go along to get along for the short term, isn't it? History is filled with such stories.

The question is - can the genie of Twitter and its clones accountable to no one be put back in the bottle?
    What power do his tweets have after he’s out of the White House? Why do you need to read them? I’ve probably read maybe 2-3 tweets from Donald Trump in the past 4-5 years. Yet, I know about what the Donald is up to on the daily thru alerts usually posted here.

I set my Facebook and Instagram pages to non-political stuff.

I would tell those who are not a fan of Donald Trump to stop promoting Donald Trump. Cut it out. Consider your posts, and why are you promoting him.

Thread Information