Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Pantries...?

Simplemind, that sounds very cute, interesting and certainly unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Simplemind View Post
    I wish I had taken pictures of my mom's pantry before we took it apart when having and estate sale and selling the house. My dad made it for her by reconstructing the garage. He walled in half of it and you walked through the pantry to go into the house. One wall was glass and the entry door with a potting bench at that window to work on her bonsai. The wall next to that was all deep cupboards that she kept all her specialized cookware of which she collected just about everything as she worked in an antique store and was always bringing home finds. She then put her artistry towards the cupboard doors and painted them like the doors to chicken coops with chickens at every door. Hard to explain and do it justice but she even put straw and chicken wire over the top of the paintings to make it look more real. Each of us kept a door or two because they were so amazing. the other two walls were floor to ceiling bookcases full of her cookbook collections. In both the kitchen and the pantry, copper pans hung from racks in the ceiling. The next room off that had a huge freezer, floor to ceiling shelves of food and the washer and dryer.
    It sounds so charming!! Man, I wish you did take pictures!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Sounds wonderful! Did they get to enjoy it for a good length of time. DH made me a dream sewing room when we had a young family but we moved with his work almost as soon as it was done. Never had another like it although my present one is quite lovely and spacious but my needs have changed 40 years later.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Thread Information