Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Georgia on my mind.....

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Too bad I'm not off today -,working closing shift today. I wish I could cook something for neighbors and family to celebrate - it looks like maybe there will be a coronavirus plan....police reform.....and less hunger/homelessness. Rob

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    And the GOP sidelined!!!!! Oh happy day!!!!! Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    And the GOP sidelined!!!!! Oh happy day!!!!! Rob
    I think they’ll still be a factor as long as the 60 vote rule remains in place.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I think they’ll still be a factor as long as the 60 vote rule remains in place.
    Seems to me that half a dozen moderate Republican senators along with half a dozen moderate Democrat senators could really have a fun time this coming year.

Romney's taking the heat for his moderate stand; he was greeted by people shouting "traitor" at an airport recently.

I'm no fan of his--I won't forget his assertion that Democratic voters are all moochers, not to mention the traveling dog caper--but he's been a rare voice of reason lately--maybe he's channeling his father.

Looks like the second seat will go to the Democrats as well. We’ll get to see what wonders they can perform.

Looks like the second seat will go to the Democrats as well. We’ll get to see what wonders they can perform.
    Streets paved with gold? A chicken in a pot for everyone? $2,000 for each American, but why so low? Why not $10,000?

Really, there are no limits, let’s go for it.

Yppej
    No surprise medical billing, covid relief, infrastructure. With both chambers and the White House the Democrats could go bold but they won't. Like the Republicans they are too beholden to special interests.

ETA And DACA.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Streets paved with gold? A chicken in a pot for everyone? $2,000 for each American, but why so low? Why not $10,000?

Really, there are no limits, let’s go for it.
    There are never any limits when it comes to tax breaks for the rich or wasteful and often useless war materiel, so why shouldn't the government allocate money for infrastructure, COVID relief, environmental measures, etc.?

Hopefully they’ll start with investigating why security was so woefully inadequate at the capitol today. Anyone who isn’t comatose was concerned that what ended up happening was going to happen. There should have been blm level security and we need to learn who made the decisions to not have it.

Thread Information