Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Georgia on my mind.....

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Hopefully they’ll start with investigating why security was so woefully inadequate at the capitol today. Anyone who isn’t comatose was concerned that what ended up happening was going to happen. There should have been blm level security and we need to learn who made the decisions to not have it.
    Apparently you can take over a joint session of Congress and subvert the US government with far less effort than your average Gerard Butler "The ____ Has Fallen" movie leads us to believe.

I'd always assumed there were layers of security not normally on public display. Certainly I have seen such layered deployments of resources in Sweden, Norway, and the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Streets paved with gold? A chicken in a pot for everyone? $2,000 for each American, but why so low? Why not $10,000?

Really, there are no limits, let’s go for it.
    The streets paved with gold could be attached to an infrastructure bill. While a chicken in every pot might offend vegan constituents, pot in every pipe would seem to be doable. Now that modern monetary theory has established that deficits don’t matter, payments will be limited only by what the bond market will tolerate. And if need be the bond market can always be regulated to taste.

And we can thank republicans for teaching us that deficits don’t matter. So maybe there is something good about republicans after all!

I fear that some republicans are gonna be bummed when they learn that democratic control of everything means that selfie’s with the cops ‘protecting’ the capitol are no longer on offer.

There is no shortage of blame on both sides, not that the excesses of either excuses those of the other. But if only a fraction of the planned new spending materializes we will see levels of new debt that become truly horrific.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    There is no shortage of blame on both sides, not that the excesses of either excuses those of the other. But if only a fraction of the planned new spending materializes we will see levels of new debt that become truly horrific.
    The amount of debt incurred by the trump administration has spiraled....

Article in today's paper:

The US trade defiicit jumped to $68.1 billion in November, the highest monthly deficit in 14 years as a surge in imports overwhelmed a smaller increase in exports, the Commerce Department said Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Once again, I don’t see that one party acting irresponsibly is any kind of defense for the other party acting irresponsibly.

Article in today's paper:

The US trade defiicit jumped to $68.1 billion in November, the highest monthly deficit in 14 years as a surge in imports overwhelmed a smaller increase in exports, the Commerce Department said Thursday.
    Do you think the next administration will curb this?

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Do you think the next administration will curb this?
    Who knows? But it should be noted.

Who knows? But it should be noted.
    I don't know how spending will pan out, especially with all the stimulus packages, but I'd think it's almost a given that there will be more revenue from higher taxes on the wealthy.

Thread Information