Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Georgia on my mind.....

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar

Georgia on my mind.....

This is it! This is the day matters - so much is at stake today regarding the future direction of this country.

It is within the grasp of Georgia to rebuke and renounce the shtick of the Disastrous Hair Disastrous Loser Years and move onto saner, more solid ground.

Let us hope that Georgians take this seriously and truly MAGA by giving DEMS the two disputed seats. Human life depends on it.

I'll be working a long turnaround day today and so.won't be able to keep up with the news from GA.....hoping for DEMS to win, for all of us. Where I live most people grasp how important these races are even if across the country. Rob

I am totally rooting for a Democratic result too Rob!!

I fear the Senate is going to flip to democratic and I don’t like that one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I fear the Senate is going to flip to democratic and I don’t like that one bit.
    Well I'll just have to agree to disagree. Myself, my SO, my family, my friends, my neighbors, the zip code, city, County and State I live in? All deserve better than what GOP control has proven itself to be the past four years. It is time for Georgia once again assume a pivotal role in US History as in 1864 and cast the GOP out. Georgians deserve better than the past four years, too. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I am totally rooting for a Democratic result too Rob!!
    Thank You! I know a few folks who moved to Macon, GA two years ago. I sent them an email and they told me Georgia is taking this seriously and people are voting. They told me energy is high and things are looking as if a thin but good enough margin to win for DEMS. We'll see.

Where the GOP screwed up, according to this couple? Stinginess with the relief checks, the phone call to the Secretary of State, and one of the GOP Senate candidates blasting the entirely legal recording of DJT's call - makes the GOP look even more like authoritarian slimeballs.

Hopefully their take carries the day! What is important here is suburban Atlanta voting in Cobb and Gwinnett and a few other populous close-in Counties. Rob

Being stingy with the stimulus was a bad move this close to the election. I know that the logistics aren’t feasible but I wish that the money could have only went to people that were impacted by Covid instead of everyone. We shouldn’t have gotten it but my kids last worked in March and are living on savings and unemployment. Even with unemployment running out they are good until July and I am sure they will be back to work by then.

Joe can get more votes offering cash to to everyone. In a close race it will probably make a difference.

At least that what he said in his rally. $2000 for your vote.

Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    Joe can get more votes offering cash to to everyone. In a close race it will probably make a difference.

At least that what he said in his rally. $2000 for your vote.
    See why I'll never be a Conservative?

I am aware you are not in dire need of a $2k check/direct deposit. Cool beans for you that you don't experience fear of hunger and fear of being cast out on the streets by Global Capitalism.

Point? You can afford to view this proposed 2K as a bribe - and even I'd agree that the timing speaks for itself. Further point? Millions of Americans can't afford to view this 2K as a bribe - it's a lifeline to basic survival.

Such persons and yourself? Truly do not live in the same America. Rob

H L Mencken said every election is a sort of advance auction sale of stolen goods.

Watching the long lines at food banks for people never needing it before are heartbreaking. People who begrudge the poor getting a little money are the same ones having no problems with very rich paying very little in taxes, etc.

Thread Information