Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Financial outlook in the new year

DH and I did that in our early-to-mid-60's, consolidating everything, diversifying investments where needed, all totally transparent, with our full partnership. Having this done was a blessing when he passed 5 years later as it all simply switched over to my name. It is the absolutely best, most loving and wisest gift that one spouse can give another. I still keep it all simple to access by my family when I pass.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post

I have a clear view of what I would do if this was my money and DH wasn’t in the picture: I would give away all growth for the year. That’s a huge amount of money this year, and he won’t agree to that so instead I dole out bits and pieces, nickel and diming it to the organizations I want to support.

Sheesh December alone netted us 75% of what was my annual salary in 2019!!!! I'm with you. I'm giving it away as I hear of need. A friend in TN who is a disabled firefighter living on SSD and medicaid (small community no pension for her). A friend who was gaurdian of 2 young girls, was hospitalized so the girls came to stay with her. Well, he died. Landlord changed the locks and they have no access to their few remaining possessions. It's an awful story. Anyway, I have shipped off orders for coats, boots, jeans, sweaters, shirts, hoodies, scarf/hat/mittens. My friend cannot afford even to feed them but Bless her she is keeping those girls for now.

That's todays donation. We'll see what they need tomorrow!

We consolidated everything possible a few years ago and when I retired, I rolled over everything for my work provided company. Other than hubsters' required agency funds, it is all with 1 company. I love that and I love our planner. He's done an outstanding job and created much more growth than I was managing our funds.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    Sheesh December alone netted us 75% of what was my annual salary in 2019!!!! I'm with you. I'm giving it away as I hear of need. A friend in TN who is a disabled firefighter living on SSD and medicaid (small community no pension for her). A friend who was gaurdian of 2 young girls, was hospitalized so the girls came to stay with her. Well, he died. Landlord changed the locks and they have no access to their few remaining possessions. It's an awful story. Anyway, I have shipped off orders for coats, boots, jeans, sweaters, shirts, hoodies, scarf/hat/mittens. My friend cannot afford even to feed them but Bless her she is keeping those girls for now.

That's todays donation. We'll see what they need tomorrow!

We consolidated everything possible a few years ago and when I retired, I rolled over everything for my work provided company. Other than hubsters' required agency funds, it is all with 1 company. I love that and I love our planner. He's done an outstanding job and created much more growth than I was managing our funds.
    These are very nice donations, thsnks for giving.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    These are very nice donations, thsnks for giving.
    I'm with you. Time to spend money even on things I can do myself. Others have needs, have lost income. I have the means. Can't travel and spend it. I wish everyone who could, would.

Thread Information