Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Accountant? Attorney?

Accountant? Attorney?

You guys know stuff. Help me here please, do I need an accountant or an attorney to do this for me, described below. Money is not an object. I will not do this myself and I don’t care how easy you tell me it is, I ain’t doing it.

I want the following: a federal ID number and a state tax number.
    I want these because they are needed for me to set up an account at the wholesale florist down the street from me.

I do not intend to defraud the state because I will pay taxes on everything I buy.

i want access to their huge, sophisticated floral supply house. They do not do retail sales.

Tell me, do I find an accountant or attorney to complete these federal and state requirements?

A simple google "how to obtain _____ for <enter state>" gives the website(s) for instructions on how to obtain each. For my state, there were online applications that looked pretty easy. (I did not pursue the process very far as I don't need either>) So that said, it appears - at least for my state - I wouldn't need either an attorney or an accountant to obtain either one. Again, this was just a quick google search for sources of information.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

You design floral arrangements, right? That seems like justification enough to get one.
    You might check with an attorney on that issue. Otherwise, I'd just have a friend with experience in state licensing advise.

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    A simple google "how to obtain _____ for <enter state>" gives the website(s) for instructions on how to obtain each. For my state, there were online applications that looked pretty easy. (I did not pursue the process very far as I don't need either>) So that said, it appears - at least for my state - I wouldn't need either an attorney

or an accountant to obtain either one. Again, this was just a quick google search for sources of information.
    Yes, I have googled it. I don’t want to do the work myself. I really dont. It is not easy to interact with the IRS. I went down quite a rabbit hole, many years ago for the Lily society’s tax exempt status that expired. I have no wish to do anything like that ever again.

One of my questions is, do I have a report that I need to file with the state every year about purchasing? An accountant or attorney could tell me this.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    You design floral arrangements, right? That seems like justification enough to get one.
    You might check with an attorney on that issue. Otherwise, I'd just have a friend with experience in state licensing advise.
    Yes that’s what my “business “will be if I need to define it. It is floral design instruction. I give workshops.

I bet an attorney could do this for you quickly (and relatively cheaply). Call around.

I’d say you maybe want a CPA. Just a guess though.

I would go with what happystuff said. Look it up online for the state of MO. You don't need either an accountant or an attorney, IMHO, but if it would make you feel more comfortable, talk to an accountant--you can at least run your taxes through them in the future.

Or go to your local Small Business Association for free advice.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

You people are not listening.

I.Do.Not.Want. To do this myself.

I’ve already looked into this. Months ago and years ago. It has to do with getting something from the IRS, and then using that some thing for a state form. Also there are tax implications I need to understand.

Today I sent an email to a business accountant. That seems to be the service I want.

Call SCORE and they will help you to get in touch with someone to do it for you.
    St. Louis | SCORE

Thread Information