Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Accountant? Attorney?

I will also add that when DH helped me with the federal FEIN form, he also was not able to get through to any government agency. Our computer churned and churned and nothing happened. Somehow he ended up on a commercial site that charged $250 and we got a number immediately.

Now, as far as I’m concerned $250 was a perfectly fine charge to get this damn thing done. An accountant was going to charge more which is why DH stepped in to do this because he didn’t want me to pay an accountant.

and I’ve been waiting for the state of Missouri for eight weeks to issue this magical tax ID number that I was supposed to get, or so I thought, but I don’t need it.. Now I do NOT need it. I intend to pay sales tax on everything and my account at this wholesaler is set up as a “tax paying “account.

Congrats, IL. Glad it has been resolved for you.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

That sucks that the governor site was so bad that you had to pay for something that should be free. Ugh!

Ooops, I guess not. I ran down to the wholesale florist to buy a couple things before they closed in 10 minutes and learned oh! My account is not activated after all! That was a temporary thing they allowed me to do a few weeks ago. They are still insisting that I provide a Missouri state tax ID number To buy from them.

My application has been with the state of Missouri for months now.

So. Many. Hoops.To buy from them.

I emailed the state of Missouri to ask why it was taking so long for them to process my application for a Missouri tax ID number.

Their response was “we need your business address. “. I thought to myself “oh would that be the business address that I put on line 10 of page 6 of the application that I mailed to you? Of course you got the entire application. You can’t tell me that you didn’t get it.”

but because it is a government agency, I was patient, very patient because apparently they have limited abilities. I repeated that information as well as anything else on page 6 that I thought they might need, and then I asked them “do you need anything else to complete this application? “

And today they sent me the documents that contain the Missouri tax ID number, required by the wholesale florist where I was to shop.

I ran down to the shop with this information, but the accountant office was closed yet I think it’s OK. The guy at the cash register let me buy stuff. He was the gatekeeper who would not let me buy stuff last time.

So maybe it’s finally solved? Fingers crossed, holding my breath, we shall see.

Now that I have the magic Missouri tax ID number, I opened an account at the other wholesaler across the street on Florest’s Row. That was a five minute process, no hoops! Their wares are limited and not very interesting, but it doesn’t hurt to have an account there just in case.

Is also ironic that I finally have the keys to the kingdom, an account at the wholesale florists, practically the same month I’m moving away. But it is all OK because I’ll still buy from them regularly as I will be in the city periodically staying at my condo.

Thread Information