Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Accountant? Attorney?

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    You people are not listening.

I.Do.Not.Want. To do this myself.

I’ve already looked into this. Months ago and years ago. It has to do with getting something from the IRS, and then using that some thing for a state form. Also there are tax implications I need to understand.

Today I sent an email to a business accountant. That seems to be the service I want.
    Got it. I agree--a business accountant is best. But it's really not that complicated.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I heard you. I ordered a similar form years ago, took one look at it, and lost interest.

Yes, I have googled it. I don’t want to do the work myself. I really dont. It is not easy to interact with the IRS. I went down quite a rabbit hole, many years ago for the Lily society’s tax exempt status that expired. I have no wish to do anything like that ever again.

One of my questions is, do I have a report that I need to file with the state every year about purchasing? An accountant or attorney could tell me this.
    Create a DBA first. Then hire a paralegal to do the work for you. I doubt it is more than 2 hours of work and are standard forms. Ask your accountant how much revenue you need annually to have the DBA be legal. My state is $700.

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Got it. I agree--a business accountant is best. But it's really not that complicated.
    Maybe.

But whenI closed down the Lily society a few years ago I had to interact with 3 state offices: Sec of State, Attorney general, and Dept of Revenue.I managed all of that ok but those were state offices, not federal. And it took several months and I had to go in person to do stuff. I’m not gonna do that now, I am old and rich and I can pay someone to do that dor me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    Create a DBA first. Then hire a paralegal to do the work for you. I doubt it is more than 2 hours of work and are standard forms. Ask your accountant how much revenue you need annually to have the DBA be legal. My state is $700.
    Hmmm, I get 0 revenue, maybe an occasional honorarium.crap I may have to gen up a job or two to get this done.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Call SCORE and they will help you to get in touch with someone to do it for you.
    St. Louis | SCORE
    That might be a good idea except that I wish to pay for the service. I want someone to earn income from me. I want to put money into my local economy, I’m not trying to do anything on the cheap, I’m not trying to scam anyone out of taxes, I just want a service performed for me so that I can buy at the local floral supplier.

Hmmm, I get 0 revenue, maybe an occasional honorarium.crap I may have to gen up a job or two to get this done.

Sell 1 big arrangement a week during the season and you're there.

I’m not gonna do that now, I am old and rich and I can pay someone to do that dor me.
    IL, I'm with you.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Yppej
    Does the supply house only invoice or do they take credit card and cash payments?

If the latter and you know a florist who goes there see if they will let you buy on their account if you pay at the time of purchase. I work for a supply house and see this all the time.

What's in it for the florist? If they have higher volume they may get better pricing, or they may benefit from a rewards program.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Does the supply house only invoice or do they take credit card and cash payments?

If the latter and you know a florist who goes there see if they will let you buy on their account if you pay at the time of purchase. I work for a supply house and see this all the time.

What's in it for the florist? If they have higher volume they may get better pricing, or they may benefit from a rewards program.
    I can use a charge card. I pay all tax. But I don’t know any florists. This is something worth looking into though, agreed, if this other thing falls thru. This is probably the best backup plan for me.

I do occasionally use the account of one of my garden club lady friends, but I don’t want to do that any more. I want my own account.

Thread Information