Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Coup

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Is everyone safe where they are? So far no mayhem in Phoenix or Tucson or Flagstaff or Nogales or Yuma. I'm hoping this insanity remains contained to DC and does not spread. Be safe out there! Rob

The bullets flying around my neighborhood regularly, and especially the hundreds of them shot into the air on New Year’s Eve six days ago, were not bullets from the cops. I wish I could be more safe but I can’t avoid the dumb chits who do crap like this.

Bullets come down and injure/kill people. Black lives don’t matter then to those shooters.

Is everyone safe where they are? So far no mayhem in Phoenix or Tucson or Flagstaff or Nogales or Yuma. I'm hoping this insanity remains contained to DC and does not spread. Be safe out there! Rob
    No mayhem in the 94947 currently. But then we’re 20 miles out in the suburbs... there was, however, some mayhem this morning. The rafter of turkeys (yes I had to look up what a group of turkeys is called) that live in our neighborhood had gone on our roof for some reason. Shortly after I started working this morning they decided it was safe and they all came down and got back to the important business of grazing at the breakfast buffet.

I’m in an affluent Chicago suburb. Nothing going on here.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Would the 25th mean he could not run for office in the future?
    i suppose. It might also prevent any future opportunities for self pardon. I just think there are better solutions with less dissonance.

Nothing going on on my "island sanctuary."
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Would the 25th mean he could not run for office in the future?
    No. It can only remove him. But then he can self certify that he is capable of retaking the office. If that happens congress has to vote on whether he is indeed capable of retaking office, but they have 3 weeks to do so. Obviously pelosi isn't going to bring that to a vote. In this case the three week period would end after Biden has been sworn in, so there'd be nothing for him to retake currently, but he could run for office in the future. In a perfect world he'll be 25th out now and then impeached and removed prior to the 20th to prevent him from ever again being in a position of such power to destroy the country.

The relevant language from the amendment:

Section 4.

Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.

Thereafter, when the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that no inability exists, he shall resume the powers and duties of his office unless the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive department or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit within four days to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office. Thereupon Congress shall decide the issue, assembling within forty-eight hours for that purpose if not in session. If the Congress, within twenty-one days after receipt of the latter written declaration, or, if Congress is not in session, within twenty-one days after Congress is required to assemble, determines by two-thirds vote of both Houses that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall continue to discharge the same as Acting President; otherwise, the President shall resume the powers and duties of his office.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    I’m in an affluent Chicago suburb. Nothing going on here.
    Had 3 medflights today, luckily the weather was calm.

We needed one badly yesterday, and the Navy rescue swimmers from Whidbey came out to move the patient, as nobody else could manage the 50-70 knot winds. Their landing here was "sporty".

I spent most of today doing mass casualty incident training, and checking the triage packs. Timely, I guess. Here on the sanctuary.

The suburban calm here was shattered early by trash haulers and their mechanized trucks. After the night's rain, the sun came out briefly. A hummingbird reconnoitered. A squirrel chase ensued. I expect tomorrow will be much the same, minus garbage trucks, plus an Amazon delivery. IOW, life goes on as usual.

And this evening in Washington State:

"Supporters of President Donald Trump opened a gate and occupied the front lawn of the governor’s residence Wednesday afternoon in Olympia before backing down after a standoff with Washington State Patrol troopers.

Dozens of protesters, some of them openly carrying firearms, moved to the front of the residence chanting and waving signs while a lone trooper urged them to leave the property.

More troopers later arrived and by 3:30 p.m. the protesters moved back behind the gate.

The troopers formed a line in front of the gate.

The Washington State Patrol said in a tweet it was responding to the residence and that Gov. Jay Inslee was in a safe location."

https://theorcasonian.com/trump-supp...-state-patrol/

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Oh, I thought you were specifically talking about rioters being killed by policeman.
    Ah I see - emotions are running high. Understandably so.

Thread Information