Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Coup

After several hours of hearing helicopters circling overhead, things are quiet here near the Arizona capital.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    And this evening in Washington State:

"Supporters of President Donald Trump opened a gate and occupied the front lawn of the governor’s residence Wednesday afternoon in Olympia before backing down after a standoff with Washington State Patrol troopers.

Dozens of protesters, some of them openly carrying firearms, moved to the front of the residence chanting and waving signs while a lone trooper urged them to leave the property.

More troopers later arrived and by 3:30 p.m. the protesters moved back behind the gate.

The troopers formed a line in front of the gate.

The Washington State Patrol said in a tweet it was responding to the residence and that Gov. Jay Inslee was in a safe location."

https://theorcasonian.com/trump-supp...-state-patrol/
    Is that a coup, or is it a riot, or is it a protest?

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Is that a coup, or is it a riot, or is it a protest?
    Well, the news stories in the Seattle area papers about the event include quotes of the "participants" yelling things that, if it were my front lawn, would cause me to activate the minefield and let loose with the beltfed weaponry. But I'm a hermit.

Our local news showed a couple of dozen people across the street from each other and yelling. That is it here.

The mainstream news said this marks the end of the Trump era and his future in politics. That Twitter is considering a long term ban. It sounds like the USS Trump is sailing into the sunset and the rats are bailing out as it goes.

the rats are bailing out as it goes.
    Teehee...so true.

Details on State capitals with similar struggles today

https://apple.news/AsFw_7iCBRaCl5-DOBqAWZg

it's peaceful, just it better be as there is literally no hospital capacity, so one just endures weeks and weeks with no end soon (maybe Feb) of knowing hospitals aren't there if you need them, not that one needs them often but that's precisely it. noone better get that sick or injured, hold off all accidents for a few weeks etc., hold one's breath.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    And believe it or not, everything is not racist.
    Viewed from the eyes of someone (generally speaking - not saying anyone specifically) living with unacknowledged/unrecognized "white privilege", I'm sure this would be a believable statement. I, however, am not convinced as yet that racism - and other biases - isn't linked in some way to pretty much everything.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Working nights, I heard news of the events, but very few details. I'm still looking, reading, etc. but at this point in time I am feeling such overwhelming sadness, disappointment and sorrow all around.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Viewed from the eyes of someone (generally speaking - not saying anyone specifically) living with unacknowledged/unrecognized "white privilege", I'm sure this would be a believable statement. I, however, am not convinced as yet that racism - and other biases - isn't linked in some way to pretty much everything.
    Yes, I live in St. Louis where everything is about race. Even when it’s not.

Thread Information