Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Coup

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I agree that glaziers are the primary beneficiary but suspect the false front is simply the result of liberal governance. Participants in ongoing violence and destruction gravitate to areas where that activity is excused and tolerated such as the progressive havens of Portland and Seattle. The broken windows theory makes a lot of sense.
    Sort of like the Disney World and Disneyland for revolutionary fantasists?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I agree that glaziers are the primary beneficiary but suspect the false front is simply the result of liberal governance. Participants in ongoing violence and destruction gravitate to areas where that activity is excused and tolerated such as the progressive havens of Portland and Seattle. The broken windows theory makes a lot of sense.
    Personally I’d rather live in Seattle or Portland than somewhere where it’s considered acceptable for hoodlums in big trucks to try and drive presidential campaign buses off the road. But I suppose everyone chooses what they consider acceptable.

And for the record the broken windows theory has been proven false. Further study has shown that rather than upping police harassment of residents a far better and cheaper solution is just fixing the damn windows.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    And for the record the broken windows theory has been proven false. Further study has shown that rather than upping police harassment of residents a far better and cheaper solution is just fixing the damn windows.
    That’s what the glaziers want you to think!

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Personally I’d rather live in Seattle or Portland than somewhere where it’s considered acceptable for hoodlums in big trucks to try and drive presidential campaign buses off the road. But I suppose everyone chooses what they consider acceptable.

Come to Chicago! Carjackings are through the roof. 150 so far for this year. All neighborhoods being hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Come to Chicago! Carjackings are through the roof. 150 so far for this year. All neighborhoods being hit.
    If all neighborhoods are being hit then clearly the broken windows theory doesn't hold, at least regarding car jackings. Unless of course all the neighborhoods have broken windows equally.

Take my car - PLEASE!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thread Information