Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Coup

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Again, if you think this is an average, just another day in America, type event, your downplaying of the seriousness of what is happening is defending it. We have never in our history had armed insurrectionists attempt to thwart the work of congress certifying the electoral college results. Never. Ever. There is nothing at all remotely normal about what is going on and trying to claim it is normal is defending the indefensible.
    I don’t think, and I didn’t say, this was normal. Neither were any of the other violent incidents around the country. I think violence should be deplored, whether committed by wretched deplorables, virtuous seekers after social justice, real or imagined provocateurs or anybody else.

If in your mind that means I’m defending some kind of fascist coup, I doubt we have much else to say here.

Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    How will I be able to sleep at night.

Just fine actually.
    As you should since the rule of law has prevailed and hopefully many of these white thug terrorists will be in jail for a long time. Now if only their traitorous dear leader was headed toward a similar end the world would be a better place.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I don’t think, and I didn’t say, this was normal. Neither were any of the other violent incidents around the country. I think violence should be deplored, whether committed by wretched deplorables, virtuous seekers after social justice, real or imagined provocateurs or anybody else.

If in your mind that means I’m defending some kind of fascist coup, I doubt we have much else to say here.
    If you think looting a CVS is at all similar to what happened today, you're right. We have nothing else to discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Well, it would be good to have someone in charge.
    And now that trump is in twitter jail he's clearly no longer in charge.

And now that trump is in twitter jail he's clearly no longer in charge.
    It was so gratifying to see Twitter's shut-down
    Screen Shot 2021-01-06 at 6.13.34 PM.jpg

And if we DO invoke the 25th amendment, do we get to say,

"Donald J. Trump--you're FIRED!"?
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

As you should since the rule of law has prevailed and hopefully many of these white thug terrorists will be in jail for a long time. Now if only their traitorous dear leader was headed toward a similar end the world would be a better place.
    Rule of law prevailed, so you mean it’s over and everyone went home?

What crappy rioters they are. Any self respecting BLM protestor knows the real deal happens at night.

well they are under curfew, which was no doubt enacted to prevent riots at night, that's kind of what they are used for
    Trees don't grow on money

In real protests--not coup attempts or insurrections--that may go on for some time, people often show up after work to demonstrate. From what I've seen of this mob, they're mostly from out of state, called in by Dear Leader. I wouldn't be surprised if they get their second wind, though

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Rule of law prevailed, so you mean it’s over and everyone went home?

What crappy rioters they are. Any self respecting BLM protestor knows the real deal happens at night.
    Blm’ers also know that the police are unlikely to be willing to pose for selfies with them.

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    well they are under curfew, which was no doubt enacted to prevent riots at night, that's kind of what they are used for
    Again, no self respecting rioter pays any mind to whitey’s curfew.

And harassing cops, and throwing chit at them, and shooting them kind of discourages cops’ interest in posing for joint photos.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 1-6-21 at 10:05pm.

Thread Information