Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: January Purge

Y'all are inspiring. I usually avoid this thread, but today it feels like maybe if I post my intentions here, I will have something to report Monday. I'm thinking on doing the 15-minute timer thing first, on our spare room/clutterville.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

I think I can handle 15 minutes too. Will work on my office.

I set the timer Saturday for 15 minutes and ended up decluttering for 33 minutes. I filled a grocery bag with junk drawer and clutter from on top of a dresser. Then DH and I took 2 grocery bags of old paperwork to a local shredding event. So, 3 grocery bags!
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

That’s great, Kay!

I filled 5 buckets with books, identifying about 8 that I will try to seek on eBay.

It occured to me (brilliant, I know) that I can put 2 or 3 together in one lot and maybe sell for more than $10. That is all I want, $10 per sale, plus postage. I do not count eBay fees which are, of course, high. This eBay activity is an exercise in generating $ for our Park
    conservancy, so it doesn’t really matter how much I profit.

Yep, it feels good -- but weird. That thing was in a drawer in my home my entire life. Don't need it; didn't need it. But it was always just there...

Sold our old bathroom lights. These were special ordered by us about 5 years ago. Got way less than they are new, but I like what we have now much better. Glad to get some of the $ back.

Yesterday I sold my engagement/wedding ring to the family owned jeweler that made it 21 years ago. It’s a one of a kind design and I loved that ring. I am now 1k richer.

Very nice!

Thread Information