Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: January Purge

Yppej
    21 plastic bags. I have been going to stores in less red zones and been so focused on finding them I forget to bring in my reusable bags, so the plastic ones have been piling up.

Sold $620 worth of scuba gear today.

Yppej
    Way to go Tradd!

I took 15 items to Goodwill and the local animal shelter and ten books to another charity. New total for month: 31.

12 full kitchen garbage bags (13 gallon) gone. Clothes, non-sensitive papers, a few books, just a whole bunch of crap. Glad to have it gone. I’m beat.

I got rid of four more things: two packages of bubble wrap and two buckets. New total for month: 35.

Gave myself a week to purge my closet of winter clothes, by way of trying on a few things as I was getting dressed each day. All of the things that didn’t feel good got bagged up. I did laundry this morning, so the 2 shirts I wore but decided I really don’t like- feel like they are cut weird in the sleeves/shoulders- were washed and added to the bags to go. I found out our Goodwill store is open, and recycles cloth, so I made 2 bags clearly marked for Recycle, and 3 more bags of good, clean winter shirts, sweaters and pants. I will drop them off when I do the grocery run on Monday. Also have 4 large sweatshirts, way too large for me now, that I will drop off for donation to the grape workers who are coming in to our area this week.

Also, talked to my cousin, who is making sleeping mats for the homeless out of plastic bags. I have amassed a huge pile of plastic bags, since we aren’t allowed reusable bags because of Covid. I carefully folded and rolled them into a flat rate USPS box that I will mail to her on Monday. Feels silly, sort of, because she only lives an hour from me and I would normally drop them off to her, but- we are being safe.

This has become a kind of game- who can use the things I’m not, and where can I take them?

I was going to store some holiday decorations inside a trunk that we use for a table, and low and behold, it was already filled, mostly with a collection of straw hats and baskets. So many hats and baskets are in bags ready to be donated.

Are there any rules or methods required in these monthly purges? Or are they totally free-form where you just eliminate whatever you can and report the result here?

Just post whatever you like.

Thread Information