Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holy Bozo locks, batman.

Holy Bozo locks, batman.

Siiigh. In the ongoing saga of horrible hair, I tried a reddish brown shade. Since I was afraid of turning the over-blonde highlights flaming orange I avoided them. Now I have mostly purple hair with white streaks and an occasional patch of gray-brown. Thank goodness this is only semi permanent, because my "Natural Instinct" is to shave my head.

It took Koolaide for DD to find the purple hair color she aspired to....congrats on your alchemy.

The right outfit can fix anything....mostly?

Yes, I'm thinking Burka.

You and Lady Gaga.

moo

I wish! More like, "me and those strange people you see at Walmart." - note, this is the better side.

I think it does not look bad at all. A couple of the ladies in my workplace do their own dye jobs and they turn out really well. They are completely gray and both are using a strawberry blond color. At this point, I am about 20% gray and my daughter covers it with highlights and darker color. The foil process is labor intensive and takes quite a while. I often thought of just going natural and letting the natural streaks come on in.

Well ... a dubious but friendly "thank you" for that, Tenngal. Most of my hair is ... well, was, a non-descript ash brown with some silver coming in. I'm fine with that. But I had it badly highlighted about a year ago and there is some Really Blonde hair I'd like to tone down til it grows out. I'm not quite sure what possessed me to go with a "reddish brown" instead of just a plain old brown. Right now I'm figuring what the heck, it's temporary, I'm just going to finish off the bottle and do my whole head in that red-purple shade and let it wash out again this month. A tiny voice is warning me that the red is going to stick in that ultra blonde forever and I should just chuck the bottle and go get some normal brown, though.

My youngest used to dye his hair that red-purple shade, and I loved it on him. Always wished I had the guts to do it myself, but with my washed-out coloring and dumpling shape, I was afraid I'd look like some kind of walking berry dessert. And it was totally worth it to see his grandmother practically have a fit over it... way too uptight, that woman.

Gold star for taking the plunge!

Kib, if I had just seen that photo of your hair with no explanation, I wouldn't have thought anything odd about the color. If asked, I might have thought it was sun-streaked. My first impression was that it has a nice wave to it.

You might now. I have just unleashed my inner Emo. Never knew I had so many hairs that stick Up!

Thread Information