Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: For Trump Voters...

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    People like to throw "Marxist" and "communist" around to weaponize language and shut down anyone who dares to question the status quo, IMO. I doubt there are enough actual Marxists/communists in this country to fill a janitor's closet. Collective bargaining and voting rights organizations are likely considered communistic by such people. As well as human rights in general.
    yes, when the money shows itself, the ideology disappears. Lurking underground or gone entirely, who knows. funny how that happens.

Geila
    Speaking of perspective... something just occurred to me. If this thread was in the Relationship section of the forum, would it change your perception of the discussion? Since my goal is to understand another person's point of view and to preserve relationships, that's how I'm viewing this. It's a given that I don't know why someone supported Trump, so my intent is not to criticize/convert/denounce that vote, it's to understand it.

Maybe we should move the thread to Relationships. Maybe that would make it easier for members who find the politics aspect of it objectionable. Thoughts? Ideas? Maybe if we replace the word Trump with "salad spinner"? Just trying to keep the tone pleasant.

Quote Originally Posted by Geila View Post
    Speaking of perspective... something just occurred to me. If this thread was in the Relationship section of the forum, would it change your perception of the discussion? Since my goal is to understand another person's point of view and to preserve relationships, that's how I'm viewing this. It's a given that I don't know why someone supported Trump, so my intent is not to criticize/convert/denounce that vote, it's to understand it.

Maybe we should move the thread to Relationships. Maybe that would make it easier for members who find the politics aspect of it objectionable. Thoughts? Ideas? Maybe if we replace the word Trump with "salad spinner"? Just trying to keep the tone pleasant.
    Looking at your poll in November, 5 people said they would vote for Donald J. Trump.

So, you want to hear from 3 other people? Tradd already said she wasn’t going to participate in politics. Alan answered you. I can guess who 1 of the others were, but not all 3.

No, I would not bring a Trump thread to the Relationships forums. You asked your question. You received answers.

My husband voted for Trump the first time because he is republican and hated Hillary. He voted for Biden this time because Trump got to crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Geila View Post
    Speaking of perspective... something just occurred to me. If this thread was in the Relationship section of the forum, would it change your perception of the discussion? Since my goal is to understand another person's point of view and to preserve relationships, that's how I'm viewing this.
    I would not enter into, or remain in, a relationship with someone who was a Trump supporter at this point in time.

In my forays into dating last year and early this year (pre-pandemic), that seemed to be one of the first questions people asked too, which I found educational.

I feel a bit sad for those like pinkytoe dealing with it. My bf is not a Trump supporter and not far right nor right.
    If you want something to get done, ask a busy person. If you want them to have a nervous breakdown that is.

I wont dump DH due to his vote for Trump.That idea is ridiculous to me.

I would be more concerned if DH took Covid precautions lightly. He does not.

Geila: I think your hierarchy of needs perspective is interesting and has merit. There are people I know and love who voted for Trump, and my theory has been that they tend to be more fear-motivated than those who do not like Trump. For example, they worry about their own standards of living being diminished, having less access to good healthcare, seeing social services swamped by immigrants, etc.

Count me along the people unaware that BLM supposedly had Marxist leanings at some point. Iím not particularly bothered or surprised by that if it is in fact the truth. After all, black people to this day have generally faired significantly worse than white people under capitalism, so why wouldnít they be willing to consider supporting an alternative. (This of course assuming that they were actually proposing Marxism as opposed to tweaks to capitalism that might make rich people a little less rich and poor people a little less poor).

Because at the end of the day capitalism isnít necessarily all that awesome for a lot of people. And even leads some people to be unable to differentiate between an attack on cvs and an attack on one of the key structures of our government. Personally I believe that our government is far more important but apparently some people think capitalist institutions like cvs are equally important and that attacks in either should be considered equally bad.

Geila

Goodbye

Well, my efforts here got me a good slap in the face. This is not a good place for me anymore and I came back to say goodbye. Take care, everyone.

Thread Information