Page 20 of 69 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting the vaccine??

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    No vaccinations here in Maine or in New Hampshire where we are for those who are 65-70, even those with complicating health conditions. I got a shingrex shot today in New Hampshire and the pharmacist told me her dad in Maine is 64 and has had a stroke and can't get one, and called his doctor to try to facilitate it, and the doctor did not even call him back.

So husband and I are eligible according to the schedule but there are no vaccines for us.
    That stinks Tybee, but at least the covid rates are pretty low in the 3 northern New England states, so that is one bright spot.

Yppej
    Tybee too bad you are not in Massachusetts. Regardless of age you can get a vaccine for such health conditions as being overweight and smoking. Pick up a couple bad habits and you are set.

I am on the waiting list at the local pharmacy and the local clinic. I believe that when a dose is available, they will call me and I can make an appointment to be jabbed.

Frankly, I believe social distancing, masking, etc., is my defense. I would be happy if my dear wife, or the teachers in the local school, or the school bus drivers, get vaccinated before me. In a couple of years I am sure there will be enough vaccine for everybody.

Meanwhile, solitude and forest bathing can be my portion.
    For His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me

Amanda Kimbrough plays cello and sings the song so well. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XftYpn29hPE
    Last edited by dado potato; 2-19-21 at 1:24am.

Tybee, so sorry you haven’t been able to get a vaccine. I feel very lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Tybee, so sorry you haven’t been able to get a vaccine. I feel very lucky.
    Thanks Terry. I have done everything they've asked for a year now. I haven't been able to see my grandson in two years. And they just keep changing the rules and now giving shots to others who by the CDC reccs come next, but they have none for us. I'm already isolated and depressed. So this is making me just want to give up.

Kenosha County, WI is limiting vaccinations to county residents only, I heard on the news. Too many people from IL were trying (or had gotten) their shots over the state line.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Kenosha County, WI is limiting vaccinations to county residents only, I heard on the news. Too many people from IL were trying (or had gotten) their shots over the state line.
    Someone in my neighborhood is crossing the Illinois line on Saturday to get a vaccine there. But she does teach in a school system in Illinois, so that’s reasonably fair and probably how she gets a shot to begin with.

Saw in today's paper (Wisconsin) that 43% of those 65 years or older have had the first shot.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Saw in today's paper (Wisconsin) that 43% of those 65 years or older have had the first shot.
    True, as of 2/19, 44.8% of the 65+ year old population in WI have received at least 1 dose.
    9% of the 65+ have received the complete series.

Bayfield County is leading the pack on the complete series of vaccinations. 10.6% of the population >16 years old has completed the series.
    Last edited by dado potato; 2-19-21 at 6:18pm.

Quote Originally Posted by dado potato View Post
    Bayfield County is leading the pack on the complete series of vaccinations. 10.6% of the population >16 years old has completed the series.
    That would make sense. They probably skew older than the general population due to the percentage of retirees in that area.

Thread Information