Page 6 of 69 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting the vaccine??

Yppej
    Five people died in the Capitol riot and the House rushed an impeachment vote because they did not want to wait one week for Trump to leave office. How many people have died from covid, and they not only aren't stopping international flights to protect against the "escape variant" but they aren't putting in the testing requirement until January 26. There's no time to face some imminent threats like the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Five people died in the Capitol riot and the House rushed an impeachment vote because they did not want to wait one week for Trump to leave office. How many people have died from covid, and they not only aren't stopping international flights to protect against the "escape variant" but they aren't putting in the testing requirement until January 26. There's no time to face some imminent threats like the future.
    How many of the people dying everyday in the US from covid are doing so because of trump’s piss poor handling of the pandemic? Maybe he should’ve been impeached for that month’s ago.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    How many of the people dying everyday in the US from covid are doing so because of trumpÂ’s piss poor handling of the pandemic? Maybe he shouldÂ’ve been impeached for that monthÂ’s ago.
    I would have been ok with that impeachment. But I don't know how many really are from Trump's handling, I mean Trump deliberately screwed things up, there is a rock solid case there for deliberate stuff like hoarding ventilators, trying to steal state PPE supplies, campaigning against masks and state health restrictions, nor was the DPA invoked for PPE etc.. However, there are countries with a higher death rate than the U.S. and no Trump. Europe as a whole I believe, although it's average is mostly being driven up by some real basket cases: Belgium, Italy, UK. There is a comparison to how a country should handle things, and there is a large part of me that questions whether a devolving 3rd worldizing country like the U.S. ever could. But yes Trump did deliberately sabotage. But Canada? Yea somewhat better although they have had their covid too. But who the heck thinks we are Canadian, have you noticed universal healthcare or affordable college? $2000 covid payments? Mandatory paid sick and vacation time? Me neither.
    Trees don't grow on money

Just an update, DH did not have any side effects from his second shot, not even the mild arm soreness that he got from the first shot.

Cool news!

Mid Atlantic coast after 30 years in No CA
    Signed up to get it, but am a bit concerned. Last month I got the regular flu shot--the super-duper senior version. My arm was swollen and very painful for three days--couldn't sleep on that side.

I'm wondering if the Covid vaccine will do this--or worse.

I'm kind of a vaccine newby so don't know if one vaccine is worse than the other in side effects?
    peaceful, easy feeling

Since we are stuck at home for several months, I have decided to wait for the single dose vaccines yet to come. There just seems to be a lot of chaos with the current ones with some who are now overdue on their second dose because of scheduling problems. My health care provider won't even administer existing ones to my age groups until spring anyway or so they say. I am one who grows lumps in my arm every time I get a shot or IV which is always kind of scary.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    Since we are stuck at home for several months, I have decided to wait for the single dose vaccines yet to come. There just seems to be a lot of chaos with the current ones with some who are now overdue on their second dose because of scheduling problems. My health care provider won't even administer existing ones to my age groups until spring anyway or so they say. I am one who grows lumps in my arm every time I get a shot or IV which is always kind of scary.
    I am only following headline news and post such as yours, so I am in no hurry to get it also. We are staying far away from crowds and have very limited exposure to other humans.

I'm not champing at the bit, either. Plenty of time to wait for the one-dose version and watch for reactions.

I am in a great hurry as need to go into the nursing home on compassionate care visits to my mother. Also see my grandchildren and don't want to get them sick. WE are in their "pod" but we do have to go into the nursing home, and my granddaughter goes out to school. So as soon as I can get vaccinated I will, although probably will be after my birthday when I turn 65, and it won't be available to me til then,

At this point, I don't give a f*** about any side effects.

Thread Information