Page 59 of 69 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting the vaccine??

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Well now that you post an article about it, am annoyed that this vaccination card doesn't fit neatly into my card holder in my wallet. So now it is all folded up and will be gross soon.
    We need to record all that information for you. How do we make the card smaller?

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    You would think with all the billions of dollars that the government has spent encouraging electronic medical records that people would not have to worry about carrying around a card and laminating it.
    Every patient that receives vaccine at my facility will have an electronic record to look it up and/or print it if needed. We still give them a card.

I just tape my paper SS card up in a baseball card sleeve. When it gets scratched up, I change it. If I need to use it, I just remove it from the sleeve. Works for me. I have also made sleeves out of clear packing tape. That was pre-phone camera - I like that idea, and have my insurance card stored that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    We need to record all that information for you. How do we make the card smaller?
    “We?” Did you design the card?

It isnt rocket science. The Covid vaccination card I have is 10.01 cm x 7.6 cm.

My health insurance card is a standard 8.5 cm x 5.4 cm.

When I put my insurance card over the salient information you record and give back to me on the vaccination card, there is room to fit it all onto the standard size card. Typeface for instruction could be much smaller then.

But I’m sure many people would not be able to read smaller type and there would be legions of complaints. There are probably all kinds of government regulations anyway about size of type face.

The impermanent nature of this card doesnt worry me as long as I am not expected to keep it pristine and readable for a long time.

When I travel, I:

- keep photos of all important documents on my phone
    - keep photos of them online in the cloud, in case I lose my phone
    - keep photocopies of them tucked away in my pack
    - carry only the minimum required original documents

I’m not sure why people are feeling the need to carry around on a regular basis, or laminate, those little bits of paper you get at the vaccination center.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post

I’m not sure why people are feeling the need to carry around on a regular basis, or laminate, those little bits of paper you get at the vaccination center.
    It's a perfect scenario for a Dr. Rick commercial.
    Last edited by KayLR; 4-2-21 at 11:19pm.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

The Oakland coliseum site was super well run. In and out in less than half an hour. Fema is running it and I believe it’s staffed with national guard. The only interesting thing was that the guy behind me brought his boat with him. Apparently it didn’t occur to him that he’d need to loop back and forth a few times...

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    “We?” Did you design the card?

It isnt rocket science. The Covid vaccination card I have is 10.01 cm x 7.6 cm.

My health insurance card is a standard 8.5 cm x 5.4 cm.

When I put my insurance card over the salient information you record and give back to me on the vaccination card, there is room to fit it all onto the standard size card. Typeface for instruction could be much smaller then.

But I’m sure many people would not be able to read smaller type and there would be legions of complaints. There are probably all kinds of government regulations anyway about size of type face.

The impermanent nature of this card doesnt worry me as long as I am not expected to keep it pristine and readable for a long time.
    We-the vaccinators. Required to write in: manufacturer, lot #, location administered and date. I'm well aware you don't care for me, but I thought I would answer anyway in case others here also wonder why I said that.

Honestly, I think you knew this.....but hey.............why not engage right?

If you don't like the card, complain to the CDC. We get it from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    If you don't like the card, complain to the CDC. We get it from them.
    I don't see a lot of the people complaining about these sorts of silly things actually working on the front lines seeing patients with covid, jabbing arms, or working on the logistics.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    In a free society people should have the right to refuse to get the vaccine and to bear the consequences - risk of disease, being denied entry places, etc. People who do get vaccinated should not be punished indefinitely because of anti-vaxxers. So I hope you are right and regardless of herd immunity we get our freedom back once everyone who wants a vaccine can get one.
    It sort of gets back to the old argument of freedom vs. equity. I don't know if punished is the right word, but those of us who have followed the CDC guidelines somewhat closely have had to endure a prolonged hardship and higher risk of infection caused by not only those who choose not to get the shot, but those who've not followed mask guidelines, or crowd gathering, or distancing.

My state seems to be eying the end of May as a possible end to state mask guidelines and much sooner for low risk counties. I suspect by the end of May most adults will have had a chance to be vaccinated, possibly excepting the Spanish speaking communities with no computer skills or internet. I think the risk of infection will then go up for the un-vaccinated. The risk of the virus mutating to a nasty version might be small, but as long as the infections linger there will be a risk of a more infectious or vaccine resistant variation.

Edit to add, once there are no more mask mandates, I've not seen any valid reason why a vaccinated person such as my self should wear a mask anywhere. I might have to give that more thought.

Thread Information