Page 43 of 69 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting the vaccine??

Yppej
    We still cannot get essential workers vaccinated. I don't see the vaccine in my state being available to everyone by Biden's deadline.

I thought this stuff was supposed to be distributed on a state level, I guess it's which country bribes someone.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    I thought this stuff was supposed to be distributed on a state level, I guess it's which country bribes someone.
    Here in IL, it’s county dependent.

We opened up to 55+ yesterday (for all not just comorbids). Our state anticipates all 16+ on April 5. We were waaaay behind on vaccine delivery until 3 weeks ago.

We are open to anyone. All of my Non-teacher kids got vaccinated in the last two days. One through work - in a different state, one on the leftover call list (she had to drive 45 minutes and they stayed late for her) and two by driving an hour and a half to a rural county with low demand - slots are available there next day.

At least two of my high school students have appointments next week!

We are vaccinating everyone 16 and up with preexisting conditions.

Indiana is opening it up to any resident over 16 on March 31. Going to do some more drive in vaccine spots. One at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway is very popular. They are going to do it again in April and hope to push thru 100,000 people in 16 days. They are using the one shot vaccines for these.

I still like the registration idea so 1,000 people dont decide to come in the first hour and create long lines of waiting people or cars. Spreads out the work in a more reasonable fashion and helps the small clinics keep organized.

Truthfully this vaccine does not seem to have been distributed evenly on the basis of population at all (have to give more vaccines to large population centers to get an equal % vaccinated). Either to states or within states.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    So do you smoke or did you make that up?
    No I don't smoke, I was never asked if I did so I really did not have to lie. I was never asked for my driver License either. I am 60 and guess I look 65 as on that day 65 and over were welcome.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by BikingLady View Post
    No I don't smoke, I was never asked if I did so I really did not have to lie. I was never asked for my driver License either. I am 60 and guess I look 65 as on that day 65 and over were welcome.
    Do you always cut lines, or only when it comes to vaccines?

Thread Information