Page 25 of 69 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting the vaccine??

I just renewed my hort society membership today and it will continue to be as a distant member. Actually it was discussion on SLF (probably, you,IL) that helped me understand why I found small groups with few leadership skills so exhausting and now have withdrawn to a remote status in all of them. I am much happier, as are they, I am sure.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

I had my first Moderna shot a little less than an hour ago. I feel gratitude that my turn came, and I appreciate the friendly and efficient people who did the job.

I notice a little brain fog, so I think I will not try to do anything that is mentally challenging today.

My wife got her first dose of the Pfizer vaccine about half an hour ago. I'm still trying to secure an appointment somewhere, anywhere.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Me too, Alan, we're unable to get them here even though we are eligible.

you can also drive to amarillo texas and get them there--my brother and sil did that. They have extras and don't care what state you are from.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Me too, Alan, we're unable to get them here even though we are eligible.

you can also drive to amarillo texas and get them there--my brother and sil did that. They have extras and don't care what state you are from.
    My wife got hers through her school. I thought I'd secured an appointment two days ago when I discovered that a local provider had 35 open appointments for 65 or older residents. I chose my appointment time online then went through the sign up process which took 3-5 minutes to complete. When I pressed 'Continue' to complete the process I was notified that my chosen appointment time and date were no longer available. When I went back to start again all 35 appointment times had disappeared and as of this morning there are still none available.

Yesterday I signed up through our county's Public Health Department to be notified when an appointment becomes available in their facilities for those aged 65 or older, but they advised that there were over 10,000 county residents signed up so far although they were only receiving 300 to 400 doses per week, so it may take 6 months or more to get to me.

As an aside, I was born in Amarillo Tx., but other than a drive through several years ago during a trip west, haven't been back there since 1955. I think I'll pass on that roughly 2500 mile round trip option, but will keep it in mind for our scheduled western ramble later this summer.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Yeah, they were in Santa Fe, so it made a whole lot more sense for them.

The random nature of these appointments is maddening.

A few minutes ago I read on Nextdoor that a local hospital is giving Covid shots to those in our ZIP Code. I called, reached a human who set an appointment for next Wednesday at 1 PM. Sounds like the real deal. I called two households in my neighborhood to make sure they knew about this.

I had planned to sit tight with the three online registrations I was on and wait for it to come my way, but it seemed lazy to not try this one source that seems to be targeting my ZIP Code.

They started checking IDs for our second shot. Only Indiana residents. First shot they did not care.

Amazing how strange the distribution is and what dates/times are available around the state. Even in our big city, there are more shots available downtown than there are in the suburbs or at the smaller hospitals. I have told many to check my zipcode and they got a shot in 1-2 weeks. Otherwise it is a month or more. (but I live within one mile of nine big hospitals from Childrens to Veterans, a medical school, and two trauma centers.

I am NOT ok with Oregonians coming across the river to my WA city and taking hard-sought and rare vaccine appointments. They sure as hell don't want us coming over there!
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Process is extremely frustrating.
    I'm not sure this will be helpful, but it may serve as an initial sort.
    Good luck, everyone.

Vaccinefinder.org

Thread Information