Page 28 of 69 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting the vaccine??

I came within ten feet of a Safeway worker a year ago (last March), while I was fully masked. Other than that, nada.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I came within ten feet of a Safeway worker a year ago (last March), while I was fully masked. Other than that, nada.
    that is extreme!

I have had many many many social interactions in the past year. Rarely have they not been outdoors, But certainly people have been in my house. Just yesterday someone came in to drop off some stuff and we had to conduct five minutes of business for our neighborhood.

But Jane you are at Olympic level of social distancing.

I was COVID-ready before that was a thing; pandemics suit me.

Didn't expect anything this early, but I have an appointment for my first shot in two weeks. Let's hope the weather cooperates and they don't run out. Fingers-crossed!!!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I am finally over my hesitancy and somehow missed the email saying to schedule an appt with my health provider. Now I don't know when they will again be available. DH is still unwilling to get one so I give up on that.

I get my second dose on Wednesday. I have already resumed some of my activities such as seeing friends that are vaccinated, eating out and going into stores. It feels great!

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I get my second dose on Wednesday. I have already resumed some of my activities such as seeing friends that are vaccinated, eating out and going into stores. It feels great!
    Thought you were supposed to wait 10 days after the second dose before resuming somewhat normal activities??? That is the information we were given.

Yeah, I'm gonna drive 5 hours over to Walla Walla to be turned away.ww.JPG
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Thought you were supposed to wait 10 days after the second dose before resuming somewhat normal activities??? That is the information we were given.
    Yes, that is my understanding as well. I had heard two weeks after the second shot.

10 days after the first shot you have 52% immunity which was good enough for me. I haven’t went anywhere crowded. We go to lunch at 11 to avoid people.

Thread Information