Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting the vaccine??

I will absolutely get it as soon as possible. Whichever one I can. I’ve read nothing to make me concerned about any of them.

We're getting it. DW may get hers "early" because she is the designated family caregiver for her mother in the nursing home and some care facilities are providing the vaccine to those folks even out of their usual sequence.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Yppej
    I will get it if there is no cost to me as promised.

My doctor's office called me to reschedule my annual physical and I asked about it since there is no deductible or copay for the physical. They said they don't know if or when they will get any doses and seniors would be first. My parents in their 80's have not heard from their doctor.

I work in an essential business (supply house to hospitals and food producers among others) but no word about the vaccine there either although we have a company nurse who goes around and gives flu shots.

People at work were joking if you want a vaccine go storm the Capitol. You'll get arrested and thrown in jail and inmates are at the top of the list.

My DH and my sister work in hospitals, and they both got their first shots with no ill effects. I'll get it as soon as it's available to me, but I don't know when that will be.

I’m a teacher. My state is a mess. Less than half the health care workers are accepting the shot. Doses have expired. I am listed as second tier, but official information on when that might be ranges from “in two weeks” to “late March”.

Tuesday I return to my classroom. I will be teaching my primary kids in person and my middle and high school kids live online from the classroom.

I am eager to roll up my sleeve!

I will get it as soon as possible and would gladly pay for it. Pinky, you are so right that living like a hermit royally sucks!

I'm a natural recluse so I'm not suffering at all, and though I'm not a fan of Big Excessive Medicine, I'll probably get the vaccine--I'm thinking in March. Even if that doctor in Miami may have died of it...

Our household will probably - eventually(when permitted) - get it, but I keep seeing conflicting information about whether or not someone who is properly vaccinated is still a carrier/transmitter of the virus or not. Dh may end up getting the vaccine before the rest of us, but if he can still transmit the virus, it means that he still has to abide by ALL the precautions to protect the rest of the household (and others).

So, do the different vaccines behave differently with regards to being a transmitter/carrier?
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Our household will probably - eventually(when permitted) - get it, but I keep seeing conflicting information about whether or not someone who is properly vaccinated is still a carrier/transmitter of the virus or not. Dh may end up getting the vaccine before the rest of us, but if he can still transmit the virus, it means that he still has to abide by ALL the precautions to protect the rest of the household (and others).

So, do the different vaccines behave differently with regards to being a transmitter/carrier?
    I do not mean to be a smart aleck here I really don’t, but I’m going to ask in a general way: is there ever any large scale medical issue that doesn’t come with conflicting information to our society and to our communities?

You’re probably heading into traitor territory for the “Science is Real!*” folks. Beware! anti-vaccer in our midst! And etc.

*Science is Real!” Is one of many slogans on signs on my block.

Well, I just got back from helping at the morning vaccination shift. Seems like nearly every healthcare worker and first responder in the county is participating. Some of the "alternative" medical providers aren't.

So far, of the first 150 vaccinations, we've had some side effects reported, the worst of which seems to be soreness around the injection site for a day or so. (Which is minimal, compared to effects I've seen from our rather comprehensive vaccination program for wacky diseases for our infectious disease control team).

An app was rolled out for tracking on a daily basis every single innoculation for weeks afterwards for side effects, takes about 10 seconds a day to use it.

Thread Information