Page 16 of 69 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting the vaccine??

Jeppy: I think I would double-check on this, because that doesn't sound right to me. There are lots of locations between Springfield and Boston (I am assuming she lives somewhere in that range). It's hard to imagine there are only appointments available at one location that is so far away. I also thought they were adding appointments all the time.

https://www.mass.gov/info-details/co...using-the-map-

Yppej
    Thank you RR. I see some next week in her area and called her and asked her to have my brother who lives with them to help them try to enroll online. She said today she is so stressed out about signing up she doesn't even want to think about it. She had tried online earlier as well as making phone calls.

Yppej
    By the time I quickly told my mother and she logged on all the appointments were gone. She called her town's senior center again and they said they couldn't help her.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    By the time I quickly told my mother and she logged on all the appointments were gone. She called her town's senior center again and they said they couldn't help her.
    I heard they are adding a bunch of appointments tomorrow, so it may be worth checking again.

I took my mother today for her first shot, and under the new MA rules, I was able to get vaccinated too because I was accompanying her (it also has to be at one of the mass sites, does not apply for CVS, Walgreens, etc). I was very excited about that! Otherwise, it was a total sh!tshow. I hear that the site has been running like a well-oiled machine, but today some communications went out that there were extra vaccine available, and that people scheduled for later in the week should come today instead. This resulted in hundreds of extra people showing up and we had to stand out in the cold for an hour, and then it took another 50 mins once we were inside. But now that it's done I am relieved and so happy that I was able to get vaccinated sooner rather than later.

One of the sites here is held in a huge parking lot manned by the National guard. It’s a well oiled machine and you never get out of your car.

Yppej
    What a hassle Rosa. No wonder you needed wine.

My brother is going to check twice a day for my parents.

The site (Danvers Doubletree Hotel) was actually on channel 5 news last night because of things going so badly.
    That's good that your brother is going to help with your parents. The process can certainly be frustrating.

Yppej
    I don't know why all the focus on convincing people to sign up for the vaccine and telling them it is safe when there is not enough supply. As more people get it, including people they know, some of the skeptics will come around, and as places reopen and events resume but only for the vaccinated that will also nudge people to get the shot.

Yppej
    While the elderly navigate a difficult system and wait out in the cold, the teachers unions in my state are demanding not only that their members jump to the front of the line but that they get to sit in their classroom and have the vaccine brought to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    The elderly who don’t live in a nursing home or assisted living seem to have kinda fallen through the cracks in some places.
    I'm seeing that a lot.

Thread Information