Page 67 of 69 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 LastLast

Thread: Getting the vaccine??

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Now that kids can get the Pfizer vaccine, we called Friday night and got an appointment for the next morning. The pharmacy we went to was accepting walk-ins, and didn’t seem particularly busy.
    Our schedule the first Monday after school ends is packed with kids 12-15. We're excited to see this. I think many parents don't want the risk of the kids missing out on the final 2 weeks of school activities.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    I think many parents don't want the risk of the kids missing out on the final 2 weeks of school activities.
    I think another big factor is safer vacationing. Last summer we were pretty much limited to stay-in-your car stuff. I took a lot of day trips with my kid so he could build a photographic collection of unusually large items. Like the world’s biggest hex nut or a monument to a notorious elephant.

I think another big factor is safer vacationing. Last summer we were pretty much limited to stay-in-your car stuff. I took a lot of day trips with my kid so he could build a photographic collection of unusually large items. Like the world’s biggest hex nut or a monument to a notorious elephant.
    Oh I want to be your kid for a summer. That sounds like a fun way to spend 12 weeks!!!! Very creative of you to get kiddo out!

Oh I want to be your kid for a summer. That sounds like a fun way to spend 12 weeks!!!! Very creative of you to get kiddo out!
    Anything was preferable to get him away from playing Minecraft. I swear there are people who spend more time in that world than the real one.

Yppej
    A while back I had asked my son if he planned to get the vaccine and he said no. I knew if I nagged him it would be counterproductive. Today a family member told me that he told them he plans to get vaccinated this week, so I am happy. She relayed that he wanted a J&J so there is only one dose and also a walk-in which makes sense. He is very concerned about privacy and wouldn't want to preregister and have his email, phone # etc out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    A while back I had asked my son if he planned to get the vaccine and he said no. I knew if I nagged him it would be counterproductive. Today a family member told me that he told them he plans to get vaccinated this week, so I am happy. She relayed that he wanted a J&J so there is only one dose and also a walk-in which makes sense. He is very concerned about privacy and wouldn't want to preregister and have his email, phone # etc out there.
    Any organization is going to ask for all of that info when he arrives for a walk-in. The difference? It's a lot more work on our end for walk-ins and holds up the line than if folks register. Also, it's a lot easier and less risky for us to plan how much vaccine to prepare so that we don't run out and make people wait or waste because we just don't know. Trust me, you don't want a 45F vaccine injected. You'd much rather have it room temp yet safe.

Yppej
    Any organization is going to ask for all of that info when he arrives for a walk-in. The difference? It's a lot more work on our end for walk-ins and holds up the line than if folks register. Also, it's a lot easier and less risky for us to plan how much vaccine to prepare so that we don't run out and make people wait or waste because we just don't know. Trust me, you don't want a 45F vaccine injected. You'd much rather have it room temp yet safe.
    So if you are homeless and don't have an email or a phone you can't get the vaccine?

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    So if you are homeless and don't have an email or a phone you can't get the vaccine?
    You just get ice cream.

Do they bring it up to room temperature before administering? I got the j&j and the guy mentioned that I was the first shot from a new vial and I swear it was cold. And quite unpleasant for about 30-45 seconds.

Anything was preferable to get him away from playing Minecraft. I swear there are people who spend more time in that world than the real one.
    Traverse City, largest cherry pie in world, see pie pan:

Thread Information