Page 31 of 69 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting the vaccine??

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    There is no evidence that a specific group is MOST likely to get infected.
    Some people are obviously more likely to be exposed because they come in contact with more random people per day than an average person would. Some people, like me, seldom come within 15 feet of anyone outside of their own household. More random contacts equals a higher risk of exposure equals a higher risk of becoming infected. That is self evident.

Indeed. Most likely to get infected are probably frontline healthcare workers and right behind them meat packing plant workers. Probably next up for over representation of infections would be grocery store workers, first responders etc. I’ve not seen data to back this up but in the aggregate minorities are more likely to have these jobs and their infection rates have been well above average so it would likely carry through to all people in those groups, not just minorities.

Yppej
    No word at work so I assume they have been unable to secure a supply. They had hoped to offer vaccines mid March but there have been no announcements or sign ups.

We are essential workers who have been interfacing with the public throughout the pandemic. For a few weeks in the spring we were curbside pickup only and the business tanked so we opened back up. Customers love to come in and touch the product. Cash sales are also as high as ever although we have tried to encourage contactless payments.

We are not unionized and it seems unionized workers in health care and government are being put ahead of all other essential workers.

IL, our sites were smart enough to install the vaccine areas right next to the entrance doors. Who would want the public mixing with employees and patients? Everyone had room to stand at least 6 feet apart in the fairly short lines. I cannot imagine elevators.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    SO got his jab from Dr. Fauci himself!

Attachment 3662
    whaaaaaaat? Fauci is in SF giving shots? Cool.

Mom & I got our second shots today, so I am really relieved about that. After the next two weeks pass I will definitely feel safer about getting together with Mom and Sis and sharing occasional meals with them.

JP, that’s really cool! Got my second dose yesterday at 11 and felt fine until 6 and then had a horrible headache. By 11pm I had the worst chills of my life with uncontrollable shaking despite electric blanket on high, a pile of blankets on me and the heat up. Still have horrible headache but it means that the vaccine is working.

Ha! My natural tendency for procrastination paid off. Instead of doggedly clicking the vaccine finder, I waited, and today my HC provider emailed me with an invitation for a shot--on Saturday!
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Quote Originally Posted by KayLR View Post
    Ha! My natural tendency for procrastination paid off. Instead of doggedly clicking the vaccine finder, I waited, and today my HC provider emailed me with an invitation for a shot--on Saturday!
    Your path was easier than mine, but my path to get a vaccine wasn’t all that difficult.

Like you, I had registered with three places and then sat back thinking well when they contact me to contact me. When my time comes, they will let me know. But then I saw this post on our neighborhood chat list that said they’re giving appointments in our ZIP Code so it seems lazy of me not to call about that.

you were lazier than I was and got an appointment so good for you ha ha Ha! I’m just kidding you.

I have had no reaction to the Pfeizer shot #1.

I just got the Pfizer shot 3 hours ago, and so far so good! VT opened the availability for 65+ just on Monday, and already DH and I got our 1st doses! I'm psyched!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information