Page 60 of 69 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting the vaccine??

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I don't see a lot of the people complaining about these sorts of silly things actually working on the front lines seeing patients with covid, jabbing arms, or working on the logistics.
    Well said, Bae. Be bloody grateful if you have received the vaccine as billions, yes, billions, have not.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

I apparently tarried too long thinking I could get the J & J vaccine. Now that it is open to all ages here, I will have a tough time finding a spot even as an older person. DH still refuses to get one so it remains a real sore spot in our dialogue. Every person I know including friends and relatives have gotten at least one shot but he still thinks it is bogus.

PT, I would have a problem with that too. Getting the vaccine for myself was the highest priority with my friend dying. I also procured one for my ex because of living together I was worried he would give me Covid before it totally took effect.

On a lark, I just logged into a nearby mass vac site and got an appt in a week for the J & J vaccine. Yeah!!

Rogar - children. They mostly can’t be vaccinated yet, exist in public places, can and do get sick and do die. They are also the reason you should be sure you are up to date on pertussis. I am fully vaccinated. I expect to be teaching in a mask at least in my younger classes in the fall. Because he odds of me getting sick are very low, and the odds of me being contagious are a low portion of that, but my freedom to uncover my face is not worth the life of one kid. So enjoy the bars, but grocery stores, libraries, places indoors that kids visit....please mask up.

I got my 2nd Pfizer shot yesterday afternoon. After the first shot I had noticeable but extremely mild side effects that peaked 12-15 hours after the shot. This time the side effects are 3-4 times as strong and again they peaked 12-15 hours after the shot, but they're hanging on longer in a strong enough form to be annoying. Fever (about 1 degree with first shot, 2-3 degrees with second) fatigue/drowsiness (slept 4-5 extra hours after first shot, 7-8 extra hours after second shot. And I fell asleep sitting up in my chair a few hours after the second shot!) stiffness, aches, and tingling (mild and mostly in my arms the first time. Whole body and much stronger this time.) Even so, side effects have been mild compared to what some people experience. And I'm actually glad I'm having side effects, because they're proof that my immune system recognizes the vaccine and is reacting to it.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveinMN View Post
    As someone who found out that a laminated Social Security card was a game-ender when applying for my Real ID driver's license (necessitating a second trip to -- and wait outside at -- the driver's license office), I am never laminating my vaccine card. I took a picture of both sides with my phone camera, stored that under a password on my phone, and stored the card itself with our passports and other useful papers.
    I came to the same conclusion after handling hundreds, if not thousands of I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification forms at my former employer, and having to reject laminated SS cards that said "not valid if laminated" on the back.

George, my reaction to the Moderna booster was similar, but possibly more delayed. Started the next day and peaked at maybe 36 hours. I would have called in sick at least one day had I been working. Most of yours, plus dizziness, loss of appetite and a bit of nausea, swollen, itching, and red at the injection site, but not quite Covid arm. General malaise and some muscle/joint soreness. I felt fatigued but had trouble napping or night sleeping. By the fourth day most everything had cleared up. I took a couple of Tylenol and used a cortisone cream on the arm, which helped. No complaints.

I just got my second Pfizer shot on Thursday and no side effects, except for a mildly sore arm. I'm glad, because I came down with a cold fast and furiously on Monday and by Thursday all that was left was a bit of a cough that I fought to suppress at the pharmacy. But all is well. As far as the card itself goes, I have a special pigeonhole in my antique secretary where I keep important papers, so that's where it will live, but I'm taking bae's advice and taking pictures also.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    On a lark, I just logged into a nearby mass vac site and got an appt in a week for the J & J vaccine. Yeah!!
    Good!

Thread Information