Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1252606162

Thread: Getting the vaccine??

Now there are variants of the virus. Isn't that one of the reasons masks are still needed even if you are vaccinated?

Here is a story on this:

https://fortune.com/2021/04/01/its-o...smit-covid-19/

It turns out the government's reluctance to admit vaccines work well enough that the vaccinated can dump the masks is leading to ... people distrusting vaccines and their efficacy, and not wanting to get vaccinated.

I told you so, months ago.

By the time my area removes the mask mandates I think we will know more about any variants or how much of a risk vaccinated adults are. Mean time it's mask less only for small groups of vaccinated adults and no large groups.

I had a discussion with a friend about re-entry issues once the science gives more liberal restrictions. I've usually avoided crowds as much as possible anyway, but when and if the day comes when good practice or mandates are relaxed it's just going to seem apprehensive or uncomfortable resuming some of the pre-pandemic social settings, with or probably without masks. It's like the world has shrunk over the last year, some of it good and some bad. I'm sure we'll adjust to what ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    By the time my area removes the mask mandates I think we will know more about any variants or how much of a risk vaccinated adults are. Mean time it's mask less only for small groups of vaccinated adults and no large groups.

I had a discussion with a friend about re-entry issues once the science gives more liberal restrictions. I've usually avoided crowds as much as possible anyway, but when and if the day comes when good practice or mandates are relaxed it's just going to seem apprehensive or uncomfortable resuming some of the pre-pandemic social settings, with or probably without masks. It's like the world has shrunk over the last year, some of it good and some bad. I'm sure we'll adjust to what ever.
    I know, Iím trying to think of instances when I go to indoor events where there large numbers of people. The dumb ďhome showsĒ Are the only ones I can think of a twice a year, and we have flower shows there.Iím not keen on doing that, mask mandate or not.

Well now that I think about it we do have flower shows, but with so many participants elderly, and one of our main venues is a nursing home, I doubt we will have those for quite some time.

We do go out to dinner in restaurants. I think we wonít be doing that for quite a while.
    besides, nice weather is approaching and we can eat outdoors with friends. We donít go to sporting events, music concerts, and I have no need now to go to movie theaters.

although Iím retired and could always go to one of the movie theaters in the middle of the day when thereís hardly anyone in attendance. But as of today, Iím not interested in taking that risk.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I don't see a lot of the people complaining about these sorts of silly things actually working on the front lines seeing patients with covid, jabbing arms, or working on the logistics.
    Yes. But bitch about our work, they will!

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    ... I have no need now to go to movie theaters.

although I’m retired and could always go to one of the movie theaters in the middle of the day when there’s hardly anyone in attendance. But as of today, I’m not interested in taking that risk.
    If you lived near me you could go to a drive-in movie theatre. I went to my first movie in over a year last week--my daughter invited us to Godzilla vs. Kong at our local drive-in. She and her husband sat in one car and DH and I sat in another. It brought me back to when my mother and father packed us four kids in the back of the Rambler station wagon with our pillows and blankets so they could watch Ben Hur.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I am a quilter and enjoy going to large quilt shows with international entries. Usually involves 30,000+ mostly adult or elderly women (a few men) shopping at huge numbers of vendors, elbow to elbow viewing of quilt exhibits, eating at crowded restaurants and sleeping 2+ to a room. I love it. All cancelled this year.2020 and 2021. One big show is no more.

I also like going to retreats with groups for learning techniques or just to get away. Groups of various sizes from all over sewing, eating and talking together. Mostly cancelled. A few local groups are having them but no special rules in place so I avoid. Large organized groups have cancelled or are trying hard to follow whatever guidance their state has and it is confusing.

Looks like a get away to a local conference center in August is in flux. Center reduced numbers to 40 or suggested they break into two groups of 25 each on separate weekends. It may even be cancelled. Mom will be so disappointed.

Going to be interesting how and when the world changes.

Dh just got appointments for his first and second vaccine shots.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

If I ever get out and about again, I'll wear a mask if I'm likely to be in a crowd--at least for the foreseeable future.

Thread Information