Page 19 of 69 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting the vaccine??

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Yes Steve, refuses.
    I'm with TT. Visit your parents. Don't waste the opportunity. They shouldn't be punished for your brother's nutty ideas.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Got our first dose of the Moderna vaccine today. Our second will be on St Patrick’s day, which should make it early to remember. We were in our state’s I think second earliest category due to being caregivers for a special needs child. We weren’t even aware of it until they contacted us.

In this part of WI, the first was ages 75 and up and then ages 65+. We had the first dose on February 3rd. The next will be at week end.

I consider myself a lifelong lefty, but I wouldn't (old-timey saying here) cut off my nose to spite my face. I'd prefer a public option for health care, and I hate the intrusion of insurers into Medicare, but in the meantime, I'll go with the flow.

Yppej
    Things went smoothly today for my parents, but others are not so lucky. Some towns invested in freezers and other supplies to give the vaccine and the governor shut them off abruptly, saying if you can't give at least 750 shots a day you won't get any vaccines.

There was a school in my state called Governor Dummer Academy, later changed to the Governor's Academy because it didn't sound right for an educational institution. Maybe they need to go back to the original name, spell it Dumber this time, and it could memorialize Governor Baker.

I'm glad things went smoothly for your parents, Jeppy. I was wondering how they made out.

My mother, sibling and bil in CA got their 2nd shots yesterday. Yay!!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

My state has finally directed vaccination access to my wife's school district, I think it is the last one in the county to qualify. She's scheduled to get her first shot on the 26th at the local high school and the second dose is scheduled for March 19th. She'll be getting the Pfizer version and it will be administered by Kroger.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Interesting reading the various experiences. I was in a local of a large chain pharmacy this morning and because the prescription area was quiet as I went by, I asked if it would be involved in the vaccine delivery. They expect to get their first supply in August this year.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

No vaccinations here in Maine or in New Hampshire where we are for those who are 65-70, even those with complicating health conditions. I got a shingrex shot today in New Hampshire and the pharmacist told me her dad in Maine is 64 and has had a stroke and can't get one, and called his doctor to try to facilitate it, and the doctor did not even call him back.

So husband and I are eligible according to the schedule but there are no vaccines for us.

Thread Information