Page 1 of 69 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting the vaccine??

Getting the vaccine??

I now know several family members who have received the vaccine without any issues. DH remains skeptical and says he won't get it. I am tired of living like a hermit and am leaning towards getting it when it is available for my age group. Not sure how that works when your spouse won't get it. But anyway, who here is getting it or not?

I've had the first dose already, and would encourage people to get it in the strongest possible terms.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    DH remains skeptical and says he won't get it.
    I'm quite curious about the basis for his skepticism.

I'd likely get it but just it's going to be March or April at the earliest (per public health dept predictions) before this thing will be available to maybe the general public. Noone is getting it here but medical people and nursing homes, it's not available otherwise.
    Trees don't grow on money

I'm happy to get it when it's available, and I'm darned sure DH will get it.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

But with the amount of virus going around it is highly likely I and maybe most get covid before vaccines are available to most, at least here. I'm not trying to. 5th or something outbreak at bfs work, it's getting every few weeks now that is happening. And testing is so booked up that it's at least an 8 day wait for a test.
    Trees don't grow on money

DH's skepticism is based on the crap he reads on the internet. I have given up trying to reason with him about it so I will do my own thing.

Two people at our Tuesday night board meeting were sick from the vaccine they had gotten that morning. But it was normal sickness, nothing serious, so sure I’m gonna get it.

I plan on getting it as soon as possible, which sounds like late winter/early spring right now. I have some concerns, but assume that by giving it to the old and frail people in nursing and assisted living homes first will be a good test for any serious side effects.

I’m definitely planning on getting it when I’m eligible.

Thread Information