Page 21 of 69 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting the vaccine??

We got the 2nd COVID vaccine yesterday... Pfizer. DH had no reaction whatsoever and initially I felt nothing but as the day wore on I felt like someone hit me in the arm with a baseball bat! I could not have dressed myself earlier today .. it was so painful. So, I took some Ibuprofen and it is much better. We both feel a bit tired but that is no big deal. I am glad it is over. It turned out much better than I could have hoped. DS and GD are coming in 10 days. Then I plan on getting a haircut and starting back at the gym. YLMV

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    We got the 2nd COVID vaccine yesterday... Pfizer. DH had no reaction whatsoever and initially I felt nothing but as the day wore on I felt like someone hit me in the arm with a baseball bat! I could not have dressed myself earlier today .. it was so painful. So, I took some Ibuprofen and it is much better. We both feel a bit tired but that is no big deal. I am glad it is over. It turned out much better than I could have hoped. DS and GD are coming in 10 days. Then I plan on getting a haircut and starting back at the gym. YLMV
    That's wonderful, glad the reaction passed, and glad you got your shot!

Yppej
    There is a big disconnect here in what Fauci is saying:

- By summer 2021 everyone who wants a vaccine can get one
    - People will need to wear masks into 2022

If vaccines don't stop covid and get us back to normal why risk taking them and deal with the side effects?

Public health officials have lost all common sense and turned into sadistic dictators who enjoy torturing people with masks.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post

If vaccines don't stop covid and get us back to normal why risk taking them and deal with the side effects?

Public health officials have lost all common sense and turned into sadistic dictators who enjoy torturing people with masks.
    She's baaaaaaacccckkkkk!

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    That's wonderful, glad the reaction passed, and glad you got your shot!

Thanks Tybee. I wish the same for everyone!

Do you really require hand holding on this? https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...cines/faq.html

Go away.

Yppej
    I saw on the news since the Pfizer vaccine is proving 98.5% effective in Israel people there with a vaccine passport are living life normally, going places and not wearing masks. They are the most successful country in the world at vaccination but due to American exceptionalism our leaders refuse to follow their example. No vaccine is 100% effective. 98.5% is about as good as you can get, but nothing is good enough for those who derive power from scaring people.

I saw on the news since the Pfizer vaccine is proving 98.5% effective in Israel people there with a vaccine passport are living life normally, going places and not wearing masks. They are the most successful country in the world at vaccination but due to American exceptionalism our leaders refuse to follow their example. No vaccine is 100% effective. 98.5% is about as good as you can get, but nothing is good enough for those who derive power from scaring people.
    How about some actual facts:

Israel has administered at least one dose of the Pfizer Inc vaccine to more than 45% of its 9 million population, the Health Ministry says. The two-shot regimen has reduced COVID-19 infections by 95.8%, ministry data showed.

While shops were open to all, access to leisure sites like gyms and theatres was limited to vaccinees or those who have recovered from the disease with presumed immunity, a so-called "Green Pass" status displayed on a special Health Ministry app.
    Social distancing measures were still in force. Dancing was barred at banquet halls, and synagogues, mosques or churches were required to halve their normal number of worshippers.

I am incredibly grateful for the vaccine and willing to wear a mask until it’s not needed. It’s a small price to pay to get my life back.

Thread Information