Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Sheets

I love my down comforter year-round changing between summer and winter sheets. As the comforter is queensize, it doesn't extend far so I use the 2 toss pillows to cover the sleeping pillows and make everything look finished. Also I like the look of them matching the duvet cover with a coordinated bedskirt. Basically I like a pretty bedroom. very simple but pretty.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Off topic... but wish they would come back with bedspreads. I hate comforters and all the pillows.
    Vermont Country Store carries them. We use a quilt in winter and a matelasse coverlet in summer.

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    I love my down comforter year-round changing between summer and winter sheets. As the comforter is queensize, it doesn't extend far so I use the 2 toss pillows to cover the sleeping pillows and make everything look finished. Also I like the look of them matching the duvet cover with a coordinated bedskirt. Basically I like a pretty bedroom. very simple but pretty.
    I love comforters, but hate duvets. They are such a pain in the butt to put on, and then I find that they shift and look messy or lumpy--but I'm probably doing something wrong. I like plain white comforters with no duvet. Maybe from traveling in hotels so often, I like the hotel look in bedding, minus the gazillion pillows.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I bought a grey comforter and pink sheets for my new condo. The drama wall behind my bed is going to match my sheets.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I bought a grey comforter and pink sheets for my new condo. The drama wall behind my bed is going to match my sheets.
    Grey and pink is a nice combo!

It’s a combination I have never had.

TT, I love pink and grey so have to ask - dark or pale pink and grey? I have found that a raspberry pink needs a soft grey or a dark. Picky, picky, I know.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Grey is medium and pink is lighter.

Catherine: I agree on the duvet & cover. I had those some years back and I thought it was way more trouble than it was worth.
    We do have two extra pillows with shams in lieu of a headboard, which we cannot really have due to our sharply sloping ceilings. The pillows with shams give the bed a little more of a finished look I think, elevating it a little bit above dorm room style.
    TT: I just love pink with gray. You'll have to share pictures once you move in and things start to come together!

I will Rosa. My son is coming home from Mexico about the time I move in so he will be put right to work. The bathroom sink needs replacing and I want closet organizers in all 3 closets.

Thread Information