Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Given that we are losing quality members.....

Tammy and Geila left last week.

Quote Originally Posted by herbgeek View Post
    Tammy and Geila left last week.
    One of them has been checking in daily but hasn't posted. Give her time and she'll probably post again.

The other requested that I delete her profile which I finally did last night after exchanging several private messages. I suspect she'll come back under a new name soon, as several others have.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I belong to permies.com, one of their forum guidelines is to stay nice. It's a requirement. They also have a small army of moderators who enforce this and it is a continual issue.

I think in any forum you'll have issues. That's people.

I got attacked right after I joined here and got some support, but was mostly baffled. The person who attacked me left. I have no problem admitting who I am, a reforming hoarder. If it offends someone I'm sorry. It's where I am. So I wasn't hurt or offended by it, just baffled. I have reasons why I got here; I have different reasons why that can be different. It just is my reality.

But aside from that one person, I have been welcomed. I try and avoid the political stuff. I don't always make that, but it's a goal, 'eh? Just like I try and avoid religion/faith issues.

I think that arguing with someone about anything in a forum is almost always a waste of time. I tried explaining to the person who attacked me and they didn't want to understand and then they went away, so it became a non-issue.

I also am not here all the time. I belong to other forums too.

Quote Originally Posted by NewGig View Post
    I belong to permies.com,
    I've been to permies.com once or twice, but didn't realize they had a discussion forum, and just today I was thinking about how I wish there was one for permaculture. Synchronicity!

Thank you for providing your input, NewGig.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

The discussions take place by topic. There is "cider press" which is more general stuff. But mostly, it's by topic.

NewGig: I'm sorry you were attacked initially, and I'm glad you decided to stick around anyway. I definitely try to "stay nice" whether it's an official rule or not!

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    NewGig: I'm sorry you were attacked initially, and I'm glad you decided to stick around anyway. I definitely try to "stay nice" whether it's an official rule or not!
    Me, too, newgig, and if I said anything unwelcoming, I am so sorry.
    I think we ought to work as a group on being nicer, so that we feel that this is a place where we are among friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Me, too, newgig, and if I said anything unwelcoming, I am so sorry.
    I think we ought to work as a group on being nicer, so that we feel that this is a place where we are among friends.
    No one here has offended me. Including the person who left.

The person who left hadn't offended me, just puzzled me and baffled me because they wouldn't listen. They are a minimalist and militant about it. We got into it because I said sometimes it just wasn't all that easy to change. And, apparently, this person had hoarder parents and they lit into me because I wouldn't change. Which hadn't been what I said at all. I'd said I'm a hoarder and working hard to change it.

It was really obvious after a bit that it really wasn't me they were responding to or talking about, so I stopped trying to get them to see where/who I was. Also, someone here sent me a PM of support, so I didn't assume that everyone here would be so aggressive and negative.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    I have not posted in many months. I could not see the point about the endless arguments about masks. I also barely watched TV, especially during the campaign due to the outright lies and hate in the ads.
    I am much healthier and happy for it. I walked, sewed, read, biked, played games with DH and swam outdoors.

I’m so incredibly sad about the attempted coup and attack on the police and legislators I’m again finding my way.

I find it interesting that it was two left leaning members who left.

Thread Information