Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Newspapers.....

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I wonder if she is a fan of the Spoon River Anthology?
    That’s an excellent suggestion.

Having updated some estate planning documents this past week, the suggestion was made we write our own obituaries to save our survivors the trouble.

The NY Post online (subscribed) and a number of random news sources. I used to be a regular reader of the local paper, but I don't miss either the local news (if it's important enough it will show up elsewhere) and I don't miss the ink on my fingers.

I haven't read a physical newspaper in years. Whenever I see one, I'm shocked by how small it looks. Pretty soon they'll be the size of magazines. The local newspapers here were bought out by conglomerates years ago, so they contain far more ads than journalism. I've unfortunately stopped reading those as well. I do miss newspaper comics, something I grew up on, but I don't see having to deal with a physical paper everyday worth that. Plus, they are online as well, but the experience of reading comics online just doesn't seem the same online.

Quote Originally Posted by ewomack View Post
    the experience of reading comics online just doesn't seem the same online.
    I agree. There was something about reading the weekly black and white comic page and then having full color in the Sunday paper. LOL - good memories.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    I agree. There was something about reading the weekly black and white comic page and then having full color in the Sunday paper. LOL - good memories.
    And the one a day read versus binge reading on a site...life ran at a slower speed then. Of course right now binge reading helps us stay saner.

Quote Originally Posted by tiranda View Post
    Of course right now binge reading helps us stay saner.
    Can I ask why you say this? My first thought is that binge reading actually involves SO much information that it is more-often-than-not very overwhelming and the information I actually retain is "spotty", at best. I can see binging every now and then as a "catch up", but I don't know that doing it on a regular basis would help my sanity - lol. I would appreciate your perspective. Thanks in advance.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Can I ask why you say this? My first thought is that binge reading actually involves SO much information that it is more-often-than-not very overwhelming and the information I actually retain is "spotty", at best. I can see binging every now and then as a "catch up", but I don't know that doing it on a regular basis would help my sanity - lol. I would appreciate your perspective. Thanks in advance.
    Oh, I was referring to binge reading of comics! Or mystery stories, or other just for fun stuff. Recipes! Crafts! Mom blogs! Tumblrs with a positive outlook. What entertains and cheers me up that i don't need to remember..that helps my sanity. Usually, not the news.
    If i do want to remember something i take some notes and keep going.

Quote Originally Posted by tiranda View Post
    Oh, I was referring to binge reading of comics! Or mystery stories, or other just for fun stuff. Recipes! Crafts! Mom blogs! Tumblrs with a positive outlook. What entertains and cheers me up that i don't need to remember..that helps my sanity. Usually, not the news.
    If i do want to remember something i take some notes and keep going.
    Oh, Okay! Thanks for explaining and I agree. I tend to do that off and on with tiny houses and decluttering websites.

Thread Information